Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latam Peru versus US prices

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:42 pm

Kill me

Originally Posted by goathead
I did, it was actually 3 flights:Lima-PEM, PEM-Cusco, and Arequipa - Lima.

I actually just took the 3rd flight today, and had no issues with the tickets purchased on the Peru site.
First of all thanks for all the information. So I've been trying to book the Puerto Maldonado > Lima flight on the 20th of November at 14:06 (LA2082) on the Peruvian Website to save an enormous amount.

The price is just about double on the German website. Everything works fine up until seat selection, then it just says "Select your seats in advance" (Selecciona anticipadamente tus asientos) without anything beneath it. Literally just white. I've tried Firefox and Chrome on my phone (trying display as desktop site as well) and Safari on another phone.

Anybody have some experience with this? We even went to a LATAM agency, where they added a 16$ service charge per Person to the Peru rate. We chose (which I now regret) to instead try and book it online again. I've typed in all the information for me and my travel partner so many times I'm about to throw my phone across the room.

Edit: I also just thought I'd lost this entire text because I tried to attach a screenshot and my account is too young, but this website has an amazing restore function.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by Felix Schott
First of all thanks for all the information. So I've been trying to book the Puerto Maldonado > Lima flight on the 20th of November at 14:06 (LA2082) on the Peruvian Website to save an enormous amount.

The price is just about double on the German website. Everything works fine up until seat selection, then it just says "Select your seats in advance" (Selecciona anticipadamente tus asientos) without anything beneath it. Literally just white. I've tried Firefox and Chrome on my phone (trying display as desktop site as well) and Safari on another phone.

Anybody have some experience with this? We even went to a LATAM agency, where they added a 16$ service charge per Person to the Peru rate. We chose (which I now regret) to instead try and book it online again. I've typed in all the information for me and my travel partner so many times I'm about to throw my phone across the room.

Edit: I also just thought I'd lost this entire text because I tried to attach a screenshot and my account is too young, but this website has an amazing restore function.
I have never had any problems booking flights on the Peruvian site. In fact, I made a reservation a few days ago, so I am not sure why you had an issue with seat selection. The only restriction that I have observed so far is that you need to use a MasterCard for payments. Visa cards issued outside Peru are not accepted.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by krzysz
I have never had any problems booking flights on the Peruvian site. In fact, I made a reservation a few days ago, so I am not sure why you had an issue with seat selection. The only restriction that I have observed so far is that you need to use a MasterCard for payments. Visa cards issued outside Peru are not accepted.
I ran into that issue as well, on an even earlier attempt which I didn't even include in my rant. Never managed to get past the empty seat selection page.

I ended up booking over a third party vendor (eDestinos) with a relatively terrible trustpilot score, so we'll see how it goes.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Despegar is also a trustworthy OTA
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:34 am

for those who were successful in booking on LATAM PERU site using mastercard, can you please share which bank's mastercard did you use? and was it debit or credit

Citi Mastercard CREDIT card (issued by USA) is not working for me

The only other successful datapoint i saw was someone using Mastercard DEBIT card to pay for the flight - i am hoping to use credit card if possible
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Felix Schott

I was able to book tickets on the Peruvian site with no problem and book tickets NYC - LIM roundtrip no problem. BUT, my traveling companion was trying to buy tickets on LATAM about 1 week ago and she faced the same issue with putting in all the info then "Select your seats in advance" with a blank screen. This was on the US site, not Peruvian. We tried for about 24 hours to buy these tickets (and like you said, typed in all the info over and over and over and over again) to no avail... the flights showed up as available but just wouldn't proceed to next step. So.. she gave up and is flying Avianca while I'm on LATAM!
Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:17 am

Hi! Does anybody have any recent experience or feedback booking on the Peru vs US site? I am seeing savings of over $400 per person (times 5 people..so $2,000) for our 3 flights in Peru next March. I would love to book on the Peru site and I don't see any reason a US citizen should not be able to do so, but I am rule follower who hates confrontation so I won't do it if I will cause issues or isn't allowed. I also found a 3rd party who could book the flights for us (Atrapalo), but would prefer to book direct. Thank you!
Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut622
Hi! Does anybody have any recent experience or feedback booking on the Peru vs US site? I am seeing savings of over $400 per person (times 5 people..so $2,000) for our 3 flights in Peru next March. I would love to book on the Peru site and I don't see any reason a US citizen should not be able to do so, but I am rule follower who hates confrontation so I won't do it if I will cause issues or isn't allowed. I also found a 3rd party who could book the flights for us (Atrapalo), but would prefer to book direct. Thank you!
No problem. Just note that the tickets will be subject to Peruvian laws, also you may have trouble using your credit card but YMMV
Old Nov 8, 2021, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Semphyra
No problem. Just note that the tickets will be subject to Peruvian laws, also you may have trouble using your credit card but YMMV
Excellent! Thank you…have a few different things I plan to try for the CC. Crossing my fingers it works.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
As a quick data point, I was able to book flights for myself and my family today with no issues (except for their buggy site - cannot enter other FF programs, etc...). I was also able to pay with my Visa (Canadian) which has very strong travel protection.

No issues booking seats.

CC
TravelingPeanut622 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I'm trying to book on the LATAM Peru site but always get an error at the very last step:

"Tuvimos un problema.

No podemos procesar tu solicitud en este momento."

Tried 2 different cards from different banks, no avail. Doesn't seem they've even tried to charge my card. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:02 pm

I just wanted to let everybody know I was able to book from the Peru site using my VISA (US Based) with no issues at all! So happy I found this thread and saved a pretty significant amount of money!
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:41 pm

I just wanted to let everybody know I was able to book from the Peru site using my VISA (US Based) with no issues at all! So happy I found this thread and saved a pretty significant amount of money!
issued by which US bank?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
for those who were successful in booking on LATAM PERU site using mastercard, can you please share which bank's mastercard did you use? and was it debit or credit

Citi Mastercard CREDIT card (issued by USA) is not working for me

The only other successful datapoint i saw was someone using Mastercard DEBIT card to pay for the flight - i am hoping to use credit card if possible
Were you able to manage ? Cause I’ve tried with two Mastercard DEBIT cards and it didn’t work 😅
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
My cousin (US Citizen) and her two kids traveled LIM-CUS with tickets bought by her mother (who is a Peruvian citizen/resident) at bargain price (1/3 of US price)

When my cousin got to the airport to check bags the agent asked her for her "DNI" (Documento Nacional de Identidad, that only Peruvian citizens have).
My cousin does not have one as she has been living in the US for decades and her kids don't have DNIs either, only US passports.

The agent made them pay the fare difference as the fare they bought is only for Peruvians (allegedly).

Not saying that this will happen to you, but it might.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.