Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Business Class Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM (Lifetime Gold Med)
LATAM Business Class Questions

I am trying to book award business class seats from EZE to CLT in January using American miles. They have nothing under 150K miles on their aircraft, but I was able to score seats on LATAM going to EZE but need a return.

Unless I am doing something wrong on seatguru, I can't find any information except for LATAM Brasil and LATAM Chile. LATAM Brasil shows the 777 as having angle flat seats. Is that right? I can't find anything at all for LATAM Argentina and the best possibility is their flight to MIA in a 767-300. There is also a slim chance of a flight via GRU in a 777 but I hate angle-flat seats for really long flights and the GRU-MIA leg is pretty long.

Do all of the airlines have the same lie-flat seats for the 767-300?

Last edited by bob278; Mar 2, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Nope... I have fly on some TAM (Latam Brasil) 767 with some old business class seats that where not fully flat. They where Red and they seat controls where diferent than the old 767 from LAN (Latam Chile) that was about 6 months ago.

Just about 2 weeks ago i flew a Lan old business class seat also from LIM to LAX almost 9 hours in a really tight seat with a really bad suport in bed mode....Was so hard that we asked for extra pillow and a extra quilt to use as mattress pad. I will a picture for you as reference.

I cant renember the old seat from Tam being so bad as the Lan. But maybe is also because the flight was quite longer also. (Tam fly was just under 4 hours)

Now the 777 seat for me is one of my favorite ones. OK is not lie flat, but the angle is quite small, it feels wider and your feet are not even near the seats in front of you (if you are 6 ft or more you will hate the 787 9). The problem for me on the 777 is the IFE, is older, bright and volume will be reset on each PA announcement .... Besides you get to fly with a Tam crew that they suck compared to a Lan Chile or Peru crew (Argentina service is also quite bad, but you may get a mix crew)

​​​​​​
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you. After a lot of searching and calling American, I now have flights in business with good schedules.

Going to Buenos Aires in Jan 2020, I have AA CLT - MIA and 4M (Lan Argentina) 767-300 to EZE. The return is the reverse with 4M 767-300 EZE-MIA. Our first itineraries in each direction called for connections (LIM going and SCL returning). At least now, there is no change of planes in South America. From where we live, 95% of our international flights require at least one change and sometimes two so I am pleased with these itineraries. From reading other threads, it looks like it is possible that by the time we fly, the new business class seats will be in the 767. I just hope the seats and service are OK. I can live with marginal service as long as the seats are clean and reasonably comfortable.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LATAM Chile refers to the spanish speaking countries (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru) and LATAM Brasil to its brazilian counterpart.

But I’m afraid they showed the new business class to the press last week and they said they won’t be touching the Argentinian planes since it’s not a high-growth market
FairDinkumMate and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Pajamas?

Moved....

Last edited by MarJon; Apr 20, 2019 at 6:44 am
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Semphyra
LATAM Chile refers to the spanish speaking countries (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru) and LATAM Brasil to its brazilian counterpart.

But I’m afraid they showed the new business class to the press last week and they said they won’t be touching the Argentinian planes since it’s not a high-growth market
Someone may correct me here, but LATAM (Chile) is just Chile, and each country's airline has its own ownership structure (with varying percentages owned by the benevolent Chileno overlords). However, as between some or most of them, but historically not Argentina, they wet lease their aircraft as necessary among each other. So, you'll see, i.e., CC (Chile registration) aircraft on an LP (2xxx) longhaul route.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. Nothing really exciting or alarming posted so I am reasonably satisfied. One surprise was that Argentina must have a departure tax as our flight to BA (on AA & 4M) cost me $5.60 USD p/p. The return (also on 4m & AA) cost me $91.33. Still pretty cheap for Business Class. Flying BA into LHR is usually around $500.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Someone may correct me here, but LATAM (Chile) is just Chile, and each country's airline has its own ownership structure (with varying percentages owned by the benevolent Chileno overlords). However, as between some or most of them, but historically not Argentina, they wet lease their aircraft as necessary among each other. So, you'll see, i.e., CC (Chile registration) aircraft on an LP (2xxx) longhaul route.
Yeah, you are right. However only LATAM Chile appears in Seat Guru, for some reason they grouped the Spanish Speaking Countries into one
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by bob278
Thanks, everyone. Nothing really exciting or alarming posted so I am reasonably satisfied. One surprise was that Argentina must have a departure tax as our flight to BA (on AA & 4M) cost me $5.60 USD p/p. The return (also on 4m & AA) cost me $91.33. Still pretty cheap for Business Class. Flying BA into LHR is usually around $500.
Ecuador charges around $100 PP exit tax just FWIW. no real way around it on just about any metal's reward tickets.
Old May 19, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Is there anywhere that shows seatmaps for LATAM Argentina? Or can I safely assume they are the same as either LATAM Chile or LATAM Brasil? Seatguru shows just those two options.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That's correct. Argentina requires to have planes flying Lan Argentina to be registered in their country, therefore there's no temporary transfer of planes taking place. Argetinca has 2 767's and a bunch of old (comfortable) A320s. LATAM is currently conducting negotiations to have the argentinean government approve CC registrations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.