Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Reload this Page >

What happened to the new business class launch?

What happened to the new business class launch?

Old Feb 19, 20, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Well 2 days before my flight the seating chart updated back to the old config

Hopefully there is a last min change.
Old Feb 20, 20, 12:18 am

Programs: UA *S, Marriott Platinum, AMEX PLAT,HH Gold, Amtrak Select, PP
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Well 2 days before my flight the seating chart updated back to the old config

Hopefully there is a last min change.
Yeah it's been a toss up for sure but with dedicated new config. starting late next month one has to think the days of the old config are coming to a close on certain routes. JFK-GYE J loads have been pretty high lately, which is surprising given the offseason.
Old Feb 22, 20, 1:13 pm

I ended up with the new config

The seats are very nice, and the screens are top notch. Latam's bedding is also some of the most comfortable I have ever flown with.

Even with the new design there are some gripes. The seats are extremely narrow since they had to fit 4 suites across on a 767. I flew an old TAM 767 the next day with lie flats in 2-2-2 config. Those were easier to sleep in since your are not as confined.
​​​​
I was also in the honeymoon seats and found it quite annoying that the middle divider could not be moved up or down.

All in all though, it was a easy ride to Peru.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the cabin or service I'd be happy to try and answer
​​​​​​
Old Feb 22, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist

The seats are very nice, and the screens are top notch. Latam's bedding is also some of the most comfortable I have ever flown with.

Even with the new design there are some gripes. The seats are extremely narrow since they had to fit 4 suites across on a 767. I flew an old TAM 767 the next day with lie flats in 2-2-2 config. Those were easier to sleep in since your are not as confined.
​​​​
I was also in the honeymoon seats and found it quite annoying that the middle divider could not be moved up or down.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the cabin or service I'd be happy to try and answer
​​​​​​
Glad you were able to get them. I will have my opportunity (potentially) in May
Old Feb 23, 20, 9:37 pm

​​​​

​​​​​​
Were you given a starter and then an option of 3 choices for dinner? (assuming it was the evening flight) That was something they stated they were going to be rolling out.
Old Feb 24, 20, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593 View Post
Were you given a starter and then an option of 3 choices for dinner? (assuming it was the evening flight) That was something they stated they were going to be rolling out.
If I remember correctly, the starter was a foie gras dish, with the main course wither beef, fish, or a veggie dish.

They brought it all out at once though.

This was the 1PM departure.
​​​​
Old Feb 24, 20, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
​​​​

​​​​​​
Iím flying this configuration (hopefully) on the afternoon lax-lim in a few weeks.

With my partner and currently in 1a and 3a as we both like windows. Would consider the honeymoon suites but the divider seems to take away any ability to easily communicate.

heard seat width is an issue on the 767 but probably wonít be sleeping, so would rather have the updated IFE and narrow seat.
Old Feb 24, 20, 12:14 pm

If I remember correctly, the starter was a foie gras dish, with the main course wither beef, fish, or a veggie dish.

They brought it all out at once though.

This was the 1PM departure.
​​​​
Good to know so I expect similar with dinner. How was the food? In previous all I ever got was a sandwich and salad. So they are taking a step in right direction with that.
Old Feb 24, 20, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593 View Post
Good to know so I expect similar with dinner. How was the food? In previous all I ever got was a sandwich and salad. So they are taking a step in right direction with that.
Food was pretty good. I had the fish and my gf had the beef. Both were tasty and well prepared. The only issue I had was the lack of snacks between meal service. I get that the 767 lacks room, but not having something to munch on during a daytime 8+hr flight was a bit annoying.
Old Mar 2, 20, 10:37 pm

Return flight from LIM to LAX also featured the new J product so I imagine it is becoming much more consistent.

The food from LIM was surprisingly poor compared to the flight departing LAX.

After two flights I should say it's a pretty decent 8hr ride, but I would much rather do the red eye next time.
Old Mar 4, 20, 7:41 pm

Programs: Many
Had the new seats SCL-IPC on Feb 4. Pretty comfy.
Old Apr 29, 20, 10:01 am

So, JFK GYE always new cabins; any news/thoughts on LIM or SCL?
Old Apr 29, 20, 11:29 am

Also hoping the MIA-EZE route gets it permanently once COVID is over, but of course no rhyme or reason
Old Apr 29, 20, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by deltatrav View Post
Also hoping the MIA-EZE route gets it permanently once COVID is over, but of course no rhyme or reason
Think it will be no rhyme or reason. I am showing it on my EZE-MIA flight in November ( if it happens ) but thatís always subject to change. To me it would make sense as thatís a longer 767 route from U.S. to South America and I have seen it on the route about every other day before things stopped.
Old Jul 27, 20, 5:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Anyone know if LATAM are still working on this or has it been scrapped??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: