Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

What happened to the new business class launch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the new business class launch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Looks like my LAX-LIM flight now shows the new seat config

I know it can change, but it's a good sign nonetheless.
Ha could be the new J configured plane that was mixed into the rotation this week!
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Seat assignments are going to be a real mess for a long time. With 42 ac to convert this will takes years. Just booked for september on MIA/LIA LA2467 and LA2462. It was very strange, the seating map shows 18 seats in 3 rows of J, but not matter what flight I selected there are always 2 seats showing blocked for 1j and 2d. Anyone know why??
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:23 pm

So why are these 2 seats blocked???
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Those are "preferente" seats.

Originally Posted by brewster
So why are these 2 seats blocked???
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Looking to book to LHR in December, is it likely it will be the refitted cabin?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ade99
Looking to book to LHR in December, is it likely it will be the refitted cabin?
From my tracking on Flight Radar doesn’t seem likely at the moment as I have seen there 787-9 only go to MAD then the short flight to FRA then back to MAD before going back to SCL. Not sure if any 787-9 will be retrofitted before the 767 and 777’s
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
From my tracking on Flight Radar doesn’t seem likely at the moment as I have seen there 787-9 only go to MAD then the short flight to FRA then back to MAD before going back to SCL. Not sure if any 787-9 will be retrofitted before the 767 and 777’s
Edit - there is I believe only one 787-9 with the new seats. I will have a few shots in May at new seats on 767’s and one on the 789
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by brewster
Seat assignments are going to be a real mess for a long time. With 42 ac to convert this will takes years. Just booked for september on MIA/LIA LA2467 and LA2462. It was very strange, the seating map shows 18 seats in 3 rows of J, but not matter what flight I selected there are always 2 seats showing blocked for 1j and 2d. Anyone know why??
Only 16 767 aircrafts are being retrofitted (since that's all thats in the LAN side of things) if you are flying MIA-LIM (which doesn't operate with 787) and they are on the 7th now. Almost 1/2 way there. Come September they will be on the 12th aircraft.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I have an upcoming flight LAX-LIM in March and noticed that almost all of the 2477 flights in February were operated with reconfigured aircraft, yet none of March flights are showing the new seat map on expert flyer.

Anyone know if this is likely to change? Also, why is the seat map on my flight missing the two seats in the last row?

Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SOWK
I have an upcoming flight LAX-LIM in March and noticed that almost all of the 2477 flights in February were operated with reconfigured aircraft, yet none of March flights are showing the new seat map on expert flyer.

Anyone know if this is likely to change? Also, why is the seat map on my flight missing the two seats in the last row?

Those are crew rest seats on longhaul. 787s have bunks upstairs (where the overhead bins don't exist above the center of rows 1 and 2). 767s don't have hidden crewrest.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:08 pm

Well if it does change to the new business class you probably won’t know until a few days before or possibly not until 24 hours before your departure.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The seat map now shows the new configuration!

Here’s hoping it doesn’t change back before departure...

Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
The seat map now shows the new configuration!

Here’s hoping it doesn’t change back before departure...

I think LA might have updated their March seating charts. My LIM - LAX flight now shows the new seat map as well.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
I think LA might have updated their March seating charts. My LIM - LAX flight now shows the new seat map as well.
Correct, JFK-GYE GYE-LIM, LIM-GYE, GYE-JFK effective 3/28 and onwards (as far as June is when I stopped looking) is all in the NEW config. and from 3/15 to 3/28 the old config is only listed as running twice. (Murphy's Law) I'm scheduled on one of the 2 days that the old config. is scheduled. (If I had to guess that's when one of the refurbed version is coming back from OMAA and they have to get it into the rotation)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.