What happened to the new business class launch?

Old Oct 24, 19, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bluebubble View Post
does anyone know whether LAX-LIM-LAX route is consistent with the retrofitted planes?
I don't expect it to be.
1) The daily flight is on a 787 (the one stop to SCL)
2) I just checked seat maps for today and tomorrow on the other one (that doesn't continue to LIM) and it is is 2-2-2.
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:33 pm

Any updates on the new latam aircraft? 767 as flying from jfk to gye
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
CC-BGO, a new 787 with the new layout, was received by LATAM last week. Today the plane made its first commercial flight LA750 SCL-GRU
Old Nov 21, 19, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
CC-BGO, a new 787 with the new layout, was received by LATAM last week. Today the plane made its first commercial flight LA750 SCL-GRU
Very interesting ! Hopefully they will put on SCL-MAD-FRA soon so us Europeans can try ?!?

Last edited by THEOBCMAN; Nov 22, 19 at 4:10 am
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:04 pm

im flying cc-cxc tonight! tried for an upgrade but unfortunately i dont think I got it. Will be flying in a LATAM + seat though, for what its worth
Old Nov 27, 19, 5:12 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
I flew SCL-LIM in the new configuration today. On the plus side, then the bed is a bit longer than on old config. I am 180cm and those extra 5-10cm makes a huge difference as I can stretch out completely without my feet being cramped. On the negative side, then it is very tight seat and your legs are in a box. Thus you cannot lie on your side looking away from the aisle comfortably as you cannot bend your knees. It was not an issue on a short flight, but for a longer flight, I think that could be an troublesome. Lots of table space.
it was a 767 - with the new config it had 20 bizz seats and not 18 as per expertflyer. rows 1, 3 and 5 had double seats in the middle for couples travelling together, the rest was with wide spaces in between.
I think it is an improvement, but perhaps not as big as I had hoped.
Old Jan 10, 20, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA *S, Marriott Platinum, AMEX PLAT,HH Gold, Amtrak Select, PP
Looks like CC-CXG will be added to refurbed list

Flying LIM-MCO tomorrow. CC-CXG. Was in AUH for 2 months returning from MAD now to LIM as LPE9987. Seating chart shows new config.

Current List of Planes with New J as of 1/10/20:

767:

CC-CXF
CC-CXG
CC-CXC

787:
CC-BGO

Last edited by theboss7593; Jan 10, 20 at 4:13 pm
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seat assignments are currently a mess. 3 of 4 segments over past couple of weeks had changes, as everything (booked many months out) was changed to a new config seatmap, only to be changed no less than once, and sometimes twice. We ended up in adjoining aisles in 2 segments (which was fine) but there was substantial confusion and separated parties on some of the flights. No new config on any segment.
Old Jan 11, 20, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB View Post
it was a 767 - with the new config it had 20 bizz seats and not 18 as per expertflyer. rows 1, 3 and 5 had double seats in the middle for couples travelling together, the rest was with wide spaces in between.
I think it is an improvement, but perhaps not as big as I had hoped.
There's probably a crew rest block on (at least) 1 seat, maybe 2. Not sure what seat(s) they are using for this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bluebubble View Post
does anyone know whether LAX-LIM-LAX route is consistent with the retrofitted planes?
Really hoping for this soon. Flying in February and would love to try the new config.
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Really hoping for this soon. Flying in February and would love to try the new config.
Donít think any route is consistent with the new business class from what I have seen on Flightradar24 tracking the tail numbers of the LA planes with it
Old Jan 13, 20, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 View Post
Donít think any route is consistent with the new business class from what I have seen on Flightradar24 tracking the tail numbers of the LA planes with it
Don't think it'll be consistent either, but at least the new config has been flying the LAX to LIM route on certain days.

Hope I get lucky
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Don't think it'll be consistent either, but at least the new config has been flying the LAX to LIM route on certain days.

Hope I get lucky
Depending on when in FEB there might be a 7th aircraft with the new J. Believe there is one in Abu Dhabi now.

Last edited by theboss7593; Jan 14, 20 at 2:08 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 2:13 pm

Updated List 1/15/2020

Can't believe I missed this as I follow OMAAT closely. There are 6 now 767's.

From One Mile at a Time :https://onemileatatime.com/latam-777...usiness-class/ I did correct some of the inaccuracies to current time.

Six LATAM 767s Have New Business Class Seats

The first LATAM Chile 767-300 featuring new business class seats entered service in March 2019, and now there are already five planes with the new seats. The registration codes for these planes are as follows:CC-CWY is currently in AUH being refurbed.

CC-CXD was advertised as having new seats but DOES NOT. It did spend a month in AUH but is still rocking the old J.

So 6 of the current 16 LAN side have been refurbed with a 7th coming in March. TAM side is not being refurbed.

Four LATAM 777s Have New Business Class Seats

The first LATAM 777-300ER featuring new business class seats entered service in July 2019, and now there are four 777s with the new seats. The registration codes for these planes are as follows:LATAM is doing these reconfigurations in Abu Dhabi, and the fourth plane flew from Abu Dhabi to Sao Paulo last week.

On top of that, there’s another 777 that is in Abu Dhabi being reconfigured, with the registration code PT-MUC. The plane has been there for almost two months, so should be back in service soon.
Brandinho1 and Semphyra like this.

Last edited by theboss7593; Jan 14, 20 at 3:00 pm
Old Jan 15, 20, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593 View Post
Depending on when in FEB there might be a 7th aircraft with the new J. Believe there is one in Abu Dhabi now.

Looks like my LAX-LIM flight now shows the new seat config

I know it can change, but it's a good sign nonetheless.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: