Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to check Latam award availability online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios

if you are not a member.I have AA miles and I want to use LATAM for 2 business class seats from MIA to SCL.Is there a way to see availability online??When I logged into BA site they only pulled up AA availability on the MIA-SCL route.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tilto007
if you are not a member.I have AA miles and I want to use LATAM for 2 business class seats from MIA to SCL.Is there a way to see availability online??When I logged into BA site they only pulled up AA availability on the MIA-SCL route.
The QF site often gives more reliable results for LATAM than the BA site. If you use www.awardnexus.com (free up to a point for FlyerTalk members; click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up with your FT login), you can search through both BA and/or QF using the same user interface.

But LATAM often doesn't have availability (for partners) on a particular route on a particular day, so those may or may not be correct results you saw on the BA site.

And I'm not sure that LATAM is necessarily better enough than AA that you'd want to avoid booking an AA flight that''s available because you want to see if a LATAM flight will ever become available.

And, btw, there's no guarantee that even if LATAM has availability, it will be for 2, rather than just 1.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The QF site often gives more reliable results for LATAM than the BA site. If you use www.awardnexus.com (free up to a point for FlyerTalk members; click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up with your FT login), you can search through both BA and/or QF using the same user interface.

But LATAM often doesn't have availability (for partners) on a particular route on a particular day, so those may or may not be correct results you saw on the BA site.

And I'm not sure that LATAM is necessarily better enough than AA that you'd want to avoid booking an AA flight that''s available because you want to see if a LATAM flight will ever become available.

And, btw, there's no guarantee that even if LATAM has availability, it will be for 2, rather than just 1.
Thanks,I will try this,I would be happy booking AA in J class but they almost never release J on this route.In fact they almost never release J on any route that I have checked
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Hey, FYI. I just did a search on BA.com yesterday for MIA-SCL and found 0 LATAM availability. I did the same search this morning and found a few LATAM flights with multiple Economy seats. I refreshed the search like 2 hours later, and they were gone. Can't find any LATAM flights again.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

I spent some time on award nexus,BA and AA websites.I could not find any business class seats MIA-SCL for 8 months in a row.I also tried MIA to EZE ,again nothing.I guess I will just go economy but I willl not collect another AA advantage miles willingly.They are truly impossible to redeem in J.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Just redeem in Y, have some drinks before departing, take extra pillows and you'll be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.