Search

New Biz seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
New Biz seats

Hi guys happy new Year.

So i booked with Latam a fly on Feb from LIM to LAX on a Latam Peru metal. So after a few weeks i renember that the new J class was going to be introduced out of Peru on their 767 by then end of 2018.

Any news? On google i can only find old info and non info on any of the Latam websites

​​
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

latam peru metal?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by michael1023
latam peru metal?
Yes you are right, Latam Peru operated flight
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Hey, today they just showed the design of the new configuration Presentaron la nueva configuración en cabinas de pasajeros de LATAM | ModoCharlie (in Spanish)

There isn’t a concrete date, but it should start this year with LATAM Brasil and LATAM Peru
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:18 pm

Also here is an article in English https://thedesignair.net/2019/01/02/...new-interiors/

It seems they worked with Priestmangoode, the same company who designed the narrow-body interiors. It seems very good, but what they don’t tell you is that some Economy seats are going to have a narrower pitch than today´s
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Semphyra
Also here is an article in English https://thedesignair.net/2019/01/02/...new-interiors/

It seems they worked with Priestmangoode, the same company who designed the narrow-body interiors. It seems very good, but what they don’t tell you is that some Economy seats are going to have a narrower pitch than today´s
They couldn't be much worse than that on the A321 ... or could they.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
They couldn't be much worse than that on the A321 ... or could they.
Latam can always do worse, renember last year qualifying rules for elite sucks. But this year is worse.

I still will like to see the cabin on a 767, since is showcase on a 787 that is quite wider. The only kind of similar seat to this that i have fly on 767 is the AA and is very narrow on the 1 2 1 config
​​​​
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Latam can always do worse, renember last year qualifying rules for elite sucks. But this year is worse.

I still will like to see the cabin on a 767, since is showcase on a 787 that is quite wider. The only kind of similar seat to this that i have fly on 767 is the AA and is very narrow on the 1 2 1 config
​​​​
​​​​​
Or should i dream on a 1 1 1 config as United
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:52 pm

I don’t think LATAM is going to have a better proposal than American, since they are working on a Joint Business. Gotta squeeze every seat you can!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:52 pm

Last week they showed the new airplane configuration officially to the press. They showed a retrofitted LATAM Peru 767 and flew making a cute plane-snapped route LIM-LIM

J class has indeed a 1-2-1 configuration. 2 retrofitted wide-body’s and 7 narrow-body’s each month. For all LATAM subsidiaries except Argentina

https://thepointsguy.com/news/latam-...trofitted-767/
tropikey likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Semphyra
Last week they showed the new airplane configuration officially to the press. They showed a retrofitted LATAM Peru 767 and flew making a cute plane-snapped route LIM-LIM

J class has indeed a 1-2-1 configuration. 2 retrofitted wide-body’s and 7 narrow-body’s each month. For all LATAM subsidiaries except Argentina

https://thepointsguy.com/news/latam-...trofitted-767/
Thanks for that. So a reduction of business class seats from 30 to 20?
Wonder whether the new upgrade situation will be economy -> economy plus -> business?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
Wonder whether the new upgrade situation will be economy -> economy plus -> business?
Many of the 767s are currently 18 seat cabins (with 2 blocked for crew rest).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
The 767 had 14 or 28 seats in biz.... So this could be an increse or a reduction depending on the route, or maybe they will fit some with more seats.

Upgrades remain the same, since Latam+ is the same service class as economy.. They are just prefered seats.... Is just like a 787 9 today
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
So far just one aircraft with the update? Any ideas on which aircrafts are next?

I fly JFK-GYE occasionally and HATE the bar that sits at the bottom of the J seats. When it's open it makes me have to sleep like an infant (since I'm taller 6"0 than your average Ecuadorean) and when it's closed the metal bar underneath your legs is very uncomfortable... Otherwise the product itself is satisfactory but boy those new seats will be a welcome sight... Please keep us posted with refurb J aircrafts as you all come across them...
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
The 767 had 14 or 28 seats in biz.... So this could be an increse or a reduction depending on the route, or maybe they will fit some with more seats.

Upgrades remain the same, since Latam+ is the same service class as economy.. They are just prefered seats.... Is just like a 787 9 today
The XL aircrafts have 18 in J...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.