Marriott to Multiplus points transfer

Old Dec 18, 18, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Marriott to Multiplus points transfer

I am trying to redeem a ticket from LIM to LAX (Single Journey) operated by LA some time next March.

As LATAM has very limited tickets open to OW partners, the only way is to redeem with its own plan.

For the LATAM Pass, currently I do not think a single journey redeem is available at all. So I can only turn to Multiplus, just registered and checked the availability, 31K points for a single journey business class ticket seems fine with me.

Has anyone ever transferred points from Marriott to Multiplus successfully before?
As I am really concerned due to the poor IT system of Multiplus after I go thru several existing threads on the forum. Also the recent merge of SPG & Marriott has also brought many issues.
Old Dec 18, 18, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daviddcl View Post
IHas anyone ever transferred points from Marriott to Multiplus successfully before?
That has only been possible for the last few months at most. Marriott didn't use to transfer to LATAM/LAN AFAIK, that was an airline transfer they "inherited" from SPG in the merger, Sep 18 onwards.;

Meanwhile, MultiPlus wasn't forced on us LATAM Pass members until a few months before that.

So perhaps the first question to ask is whether anyone has transferred from anywhere to MultiPlus yet? I don't know if transfers are going direct to MultiPlus (or for how long), or if they're going (or have been going until very recently) to LATAM Pass and then being automatically moved to MultiPlus by LATAM Pass.
Old Dec 26, 18, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
That has only been possible for the last few months at most. Marriott didn't use to transfer to LATAM/LAN AFAIK, that was an airline transfer they "inherited" from SPG in the merger, Sep 18 onwards.;

Meanwhile, MultiPlus wasn't forced on us LATAM Pass members until a few months before that.

So perhaps the first question to ask is whether anyone has transferred from anywhere to MultiPlus yet? I don't know if transfers are going direct to MultiPlus (or for how long), or if they're going (or have been going until very recently) to LATAM Pass and then being automatically moved to MultiPlus by LATAM Pass.
I transferred 3,000 Marriott points to Multiplus as a test last week, and it has appeared in my account yesterday.
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT
Getting error message

Hi all,

I just tried to transfer Marriott Bonvoy points to Multiplus, and received an error message saying that my account number isn't valid, even though it is in fact valid. Does anyone have tips or a solution for how to execute such a transfer? Thanks very much.

Dan
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
I have done it twice. The first time it was a bit difficult, the second time was very quick and easy.
Old Sep 7, 19, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AMEX PLAT (noted for club access reference), Amtrak Select
If you have the platinum card the international travel benefit is worth more than transferring points...

Example: JFK-GYE 31,250 points at it's cheapest in J. To get that I need to spend 46,875 dollars to earn 93,750 points which is then transferred at 3:1. $468.87 in redemption cash. Round Trip $937.94.

With Amex IAP $1,080 round trip cash BUT redeem with points and now your getting 35% back = $702 spent round trip.

One way it's debatable as the one way cost is almost as much as the round trip cost with IAP. But even at $900 one way = $585 after 35% rebate still think you can get better redemption on $487 in Marriott points.

IMO the IAP has eliminated the need to ever use Marriott transfer to Multiplus again unless you are earning directly with Multiplus. Those Marriott points can now be used for a MUCH better redemption elsewhere.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: