Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Reload this Page >

LATAM award seat selection using British Airways Avios

Old Dec 7, 18, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

I am looking to book a business class seat from BOS - GRU on LATAM using British Airways Avios. I will be traveling with my wife so it is very important to me that we sit together. Does anyone know what the best method would be for selecting seats on this flight after I make the booking using Avios?

Thank you for any help.
Old Dec 9, 18, 5:07 pm

After you make the booking with Avios, login to your reservation on the Latam website and choose your seats. If for any reason you can't do it online on the Latam's website, call them. If Latam says they can't touch the reservation because it was made by another airline, know it is BS and just HUACA. Have your e-ticket numbers ready apart from your reservation number just in case when you call.
Most likely you will be able to do it all on Latam's website though - BA won't be able to help you with this case though - only operating airline.
Old Mar 4, 19, 6:16 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Hi,

I have a similar question. I have a domestic LATAM Columbia award flight booked through Avios, and when I log on to the LATAM site for seat booking, it tells me I have to pay for all types of seats (including standard). Is this normal? It's a flight from ADZ to MDE. If I call the LATAM call centre, would they assign seats for free? I'm still confused about the terms and conditions for this booking and find it strange they charge for seat booking on an award ticket.

Thanks
Old Mar 4, 19, 12:19 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold
Colombia! While Columbus is the name of the guy for which the country is named in English, in Spanish is Colón...
Old Mar 4, 19, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Unless you have status, on domestic flights all seats will be for sale until check in. And as was pointed out, it’s Colombia not Columbia.
Old Mar 6, 19, 5:27 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Thank you for pointing out my spelling error, which was the most important part of my post of course, and being so helpful with answering my other less important points MfromL. Otherwise, thank you to mzb00 for reinforcing the point about my spelling error and providing the info that I was looking for, namely that on domestic award flights you need to pay for seat selection.