Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Booking on LATAM Brazilian website for non-residents?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

Hello,

Is it possible to book a ticket on the LATAM Brazilian website without being a Brazilian citizen as on the payment page many of the fields (e.g. state, CEP and CFP) are options only for Brazil? Please see attached picture for the page. I read some old posts that suggested using Paypal but this was not offered.

Thanks!

Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:36 pm

I couldn't.
Also, you cannot use an international credit card.
Your best bet might be changing the language and country.
​​​​​​
Good luck.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:46 pm

Anybody else have any working solutions for booking without a CFP and an International Credit Card? I'm trying to do the same, and the prices really are super inflated if you change out of the Brazilian side of the site.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Have you tried an OTA like decolar.com?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Independent
I am trying to do the same thing today on the Chilean site for SCL-PUQ. There is no problem with the forms, but it keeps rejecting my payments. Any workarounds for that? And are there any "residents-only" fares? I've read a few horror stories about not being able to check your bags, etc.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had no issues booking and flying domestic LATAM fares in Chile or Argentina. Flew in November in Chile (CJC-SCL) and last week in Argentina (SLA-IGR). Checked in online, but dropped off luggage to check.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
Anybody else have any working solutions for booking without a CFP and an International Credit Card? I'm trying to do the same, and the prices really are super inflated if you change out of the Brazilian side of the site.
Is there maybe an option to pay using Paypal that bypasses the CPF requirement. Faint recollection of being able to do that on the Brazilian LATAM site a few years ago before I became a Brazilian resident.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by mzb00
I had no issues booking and flying domestic LATAM fares in Chile or Argentina. Flew in November in Chile (CJC-SCL) and last week in Argentina (SLA-IGR). Checked in online, but dropped off luggage to check.
How were you able to pay? I keep getting a "your payment was rejected" error after about 30 seconds. Did you have to type your address in in a fancy way?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by whicuz
How were you able to pay? I keep getting a "your payment was rejected" error after about 30 seconds. Did you have to type your address in in a fancy way?
Not that I recall. I used my US-based Amex and a US billing address without any issues.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
I'm having the same issue trying to buy a flight from Frankfurt from Italian version of the website. I've got te following message:

The payment of your reservation was rejected. Please, try with another payment method.
but when I press the "pay your ticket" button I get a blank page

Edit: it just seems it doesn't accept my amex

Last edited by KiteM; Jan 9, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:45 am

I have been in the same position before.

Often, however, although the payment stage doesn't work, I do get a booking reference (only when using my LATAM number, and checking through the app).

In this case, it's a simple case of phoning up, telling them the booking reference, and then paying with any credit card of choosing. Not sure how useful this will be, but it has always worked in my case.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by jack274
I have been in the same position before.

Often, however, although the payment stage doesn't work, I do get a booking reference (only when using my LATAM number, and checking through the app).

In this case, it's a simple case of phoning up, telling them the booking reference, and then paying with any credit card of choosing. Not sure how useful this will be, but it has always worked in my case.
Thanks.....made the reservation late in the night so was not able to call them.

However I've tried this morning to call them to reserve the seats but the call always ended up without any answer.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:05 pm

I can't find a Paypal option. I think it must have been removed since those reports, because I've looked pretty hard. I don't have have a LATAM account, and haven't tried registering for one. But trying to book through the app or Brazilian website require the CPF entries to use a Credit Card. I also tried using my Chase SPR as a "debit card" but that errored out. I can't find a PNR or locator number on any of their error screens to try and call in. I didn't try a real debit card, mainly because I don't know enough about the foreign transaction fees, nor do I want to lose the points and protections from the SPR.

The fares have changed a lot in the last two weeks for SAO-RIO (booking end of January). Currently I've got an outbound on GOL at the same price as LATAM (both airlines also had intermittent availability at the lower price through US OTA's - but they would never show the discounted [~1/2 price] rate on the return leg or as a round trip). I booked the return on GOL using 3000 Etihad miles + $8 in taxes. It's not my ideal schedule, but included one bag and seemed like a decent value. I'll keep watching and maybe checking with Etihad in case later flights open up. Or if one of the LATAM sales pops back up, I'll try one more time! I think the cancellation fee on the reward ticket is 10%, so I wouldn't be too worried about losing 300 miles.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
I booked a SCL-MDZ (Mendoza, Argentina) and the credit card was charged... but booking not confirmed.

After an hour wait with LAN, they said to go to the ticket office ... we will see what happens Monday!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, MAR gold
Have any US residents been successful booking on the Argentinian or Brazilian sites? I tried with both US Visa and AmEx but get an error message after the site tries to process the payment..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.