Transit Through Brazil (on Lan)

Old Dec 4, 18, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Transit Through Brazil (on Lan)

I am not sure if this is the right section, I am looking for information about a USA-Brazil-Chile-Brazil-USA itinerary? I would only be connecting in Brazil 1.5hr-4hr layover. Is there anything I need to know about connecting? I would be on LAN in all directions with checked bags. One of the schedules has only a 90minute connection in GRU. If I have to go thru passport control and re check my luggage theres no way 90minutes is enough. But if it is like connecting on Copa in Panama City, 90minutes should be fine, I would think.

Also- is there any additional documentation I need? A Visa to travel through Brazil, bank statements, travel itinerary?

Thank you.
Old Dec 4, 18, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Sounds like you didn't look in the appropriate airline forum ... LATAM / GRU advice please
And for visas, read this Brazil Tourist Visa Questions and Answers
tikchik likes this.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Dec 4, 18 at 12:46 pm Reason: added airline forum thread
Old Dec 4, 18, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM
Thank you
Old Dec 4, 18, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tikchik View Post
...I am looking for information about a USA-Brazil-Chile-Brazil-USA itinerary?
<snip>
Also- is there any additional documentation I need? A Visa to travel through Brazil, bank statements, travel itinerary?
Airlines use Timatic to check visa etc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timatic
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/travelinformation.php
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...aspx?i=TIMATIC
Old Dec 4, 18, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

As you are traveling on LAN, I am moving your thread to the Lan Forum.
Please follow there.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:40 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
You are most likely to conect from T3 to T3, 90 minutes is fine.

When you arribe look for the Conections sign, is just near the end of the arribal hall (like 30 meters before the end).

They will ask you to show the pasaport and your next ticket, then a security check, turn left after the security check then take the stairs and you are on the departure hall ready to board. If there are not to many people this process will be about 5 to 10 minutes.....if crowded is about 25 to 30 but still OK for those 90 minutes.

Still if you fly is delay, or if the line is to long or any problem, when you deplane some Latam agents will be saying loud "Santiago" or "Buenos Aires" or any city with some people in transit in your fly, go to them and they will give you a new ticket for the next plane...... If you dont see the agents screaming or if the say "Santiago" but then say another fly number you are go to go.

Even if the agents call your final destination and they have put you into a new fly.... If you have time to board your original fly, you can. Just go to the gate of the original fly and ask for it (This happen to me just 1 year ago, i had about 75 minutes and they put me in the next fly that was like 3 extra hours, so just hit to the gate and got my original fly back, fly was not even ready to board at that time)
​​​​

PD... I dont know what country are you from but o have never seem anyone to show a visa at this point. The pasaport is only to check the ticket name, they never look another page than the one with your info and photo.

​​​

Last edited by PABLOCO; Dec 6, 18 at 11:48 pm