Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Award availability

Does anyone know how to search for award space on expertflyer? I dont see an option to search Latam, Tam, or Lan.

I’ve used british airways site to search but it doesn’t always show correctly.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
This may be outdated, and I’m not familiar with Expertflyer, but if you can query the availability from the Point of Sale NP (Nepal) you are getting its Award Availability
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allaroundtheworld21
Does anyone know how to search for award space on expertflyer? I dont see an option to search Latam, Tam, or Lan.

I’ve used british airways site to search but it doesn’t always show correctly.
I use Award Nexus, www.awardnexus.com, which is free (up to a point) for FlyerTalk members, just click "more signup options" under the green Purchase button to sign up for free.

Award Nexus can search using either BA and/or QF, and most of the time QF produces much better results for me with LATAM. And the results format is much nicer at Award Nexus than any airline I've tried using directly, since it very clearly shows which flights were all in the class you searched and which are (by percentage) not all in the class you searched for.

But if you want, you could try using QF directly.

EF doesn't have award search for every airline. It's able to show paid availability information for most every airline since that's sent to all travel agents, but award availability isn't sent to travel agents, and thus EF needs to have an agreement with the airline (or the airline needs to make its award searches available publicly through the system used for travel agents), and it can't do that with every single airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.