Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

international transfer EZE - different PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat

Have been searching for an answer to this question but without any luck - so hoping some one here could help me.

I will be transferring in EZE. Arriving with LA from SCL and the continuing with Qatar Airways to Doha and continuing onto China. The two flights are on different PNRs (the reason for this is that I had to change travel plans, was originally planning to spend a few days in Buenos Aires).

Do I have to go landside when doing an international transfer in EZE? I will be flying without checked baggage.

Hoping for some help.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat
I have read this thread: Airside transit intl-to-intl at EZE? but I am still uncertain about the situation.

The reason I am asking is that my wife will likely not be able to get Visa in time for Argentina so we need to change our travel plans.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
This is what I think answers your question from that thread:

"If your baggage is not checked through, you will have to pass through immigration control, recover your baggage, process through customs and proceed to your departing airline's check in area. Though TIMATIC says you have up to 12 hours to transit without visa (which includes paying a reciprocity fee comparable to that charged by your passport nation's charges to Argentine citizens, it may be difficult to find personnel familiar with this agreement at times."

You need to ask LA if they can check your baggage through to another OW partner, meaning that your bag would be tagged all the way to your destination; if LA does it then you only stay air-side. LA does the baggage check for code shares (I've done it before, I've bought all my flights with QR, and the SCL-GRU leg was with LA). If LA cannot check through your luggage, you have to collect your bag and go to the counter to re-check as per the post you linked, as it mentions local regulations allow for a 12 hour transit without visa. The thread is a bit old, so I would also post a question there to see if this is still valid.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JC880
I will be transferring in EZE. Arriving with LA from SCL and the continuing with Qatar Airways to Doha and continuing onto China. The two flights are on different PNRs (the reason for this is that I had to change travel plans, was originally planning to spend a few days in Buenos Aires).

Do I have to go landside when doing an international transfer in EZE? I will be flying without checked baggage.
There was a OW policy change in 2016. Some OW airlines continued to interline on separate itineraries and others did not
Link--->Bag interlining issues and OW policy changes (Combined threads)

From this thread LA will not interline checked baggage on separate itineraries
Link--->https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...arate-tix.html
Could your wife stay airside and you go landside to check in baggage?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I transferred from LA to IB coming from sao paulo at EZE earlier this year on seperate tickets. I had no checked luggage and had my onward boarding pass printed and it was painless. Just follow the signs to transfers before you arrive at immigration (so you don't need to pass that). Quick security and passport check and you will find yourself in the departure area.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nelsinho
This is what I think answers your question from that thread:

"If your baggage is not checked through, you will have to pass through immigration control, recover your baggage, process through customs and proceed to your departing airline's check in area. Though TIMATIC says you have up to 12 hours to transit without visa (which includes paying a reciprocity fee comparable to that charged by your passport nation's charges to Argentine citizens, it may be difficult to find personnel familiar with this agreement at times."

You need to ask LA if they can check your baggage through to another OW partner, meaning that your bag would be tagged all the way to your destination; if LA does it then you only stay air-side. LA does the baggage check for code shares (I've done it before, I've bought all my flights with QR, and the SCL-GRU leg was with LA). If LA cannot check through your luggage, you have to collect your bag and go to the counter to re-check as per the post you linked, as it mentions local regulations allow for a 12 hour transit without visa. The thread is a bit old, so I would also post a question there to see if this is still valid.
OP says in post 1 they will be flying "without checked baggage".
nelsinho likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
And this is correct. LATAM will under no circumstance check bags through on separate bookings.. regardless of status or begging abilities.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
And this is correct. LATAM will under no circumstance check bags through on separate bookings.. regardless of status or begging abilities.
In fact not exactly. I succeeded in check through in GRU between LA and CZ via Melbourne under two seperate PNR.
I do not think there is a rule, but indeed most of the attendant does not know how to do it, or imagines it cannot be done.
​​​​
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
The company policy, and also Oneworld’s, is that they no longer allow checked baggage with different PNRs.

However the airport check-in system still allows this. If an agent does this for you, consider yourself lucky! But don’t plan your trip with this waiver in mind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.