Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF number not possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Changing FF number not possible?

Hi,

I booked a business fare on Latam, which somehow auto-populated with a LATAM loyalty number (which I never signed up for). I asked the check-in agent to change this to my AA number, but the check-in she wasn't able to (saying she wasn't able to remove the current number or overwrite it with another). She also showed me her screen, which showed something to the effect of "can't change number because there already is one". I actually went back to her to just delete the number so I could request the mileage post-flight with AA, but she tried that and apparently that was impossible as well.
I'm about to board, so won't be able to pick this up with them before the flight - has anyone been in a similar situation and knows if there's a way to retroactively move these miles (including EQMs) from Latam to AA?

Looking forward to your experiences!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
You can do it over on the call center, but it will take some time.... If you are not in a rush, when you make the check in, 48 hours before the fly, you will imput all your info and will ask you again for your FF. You can change it there.

Since you are flying business, there is no need to do it now, since you can choose your seats and all that for free.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QR Qatar & AY Finnair manage my booking works with some Oneworld ffp's/airlines (Not just QR & AY flights)
No idea if they work with LATAM

https://www.finnair.com/au/gb/custom...manage-booking
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

duplicate
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
QR Qatar & AY Finnair manage my booking works with some Oneworld ffp's/airlines (Not just QR & AY flights)
No idea if they work with LATAM

https://www.finnair.com/au/gb/custom...manage-booking
Doesn't work solely on LATAM flights because LATAM uses Sabre. It only works on OW Amadeus carriers (e.g. BA, QF, CX, JL, MH, AY, QR)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I am also flying LATAM biz class and just flew without a FF# from FCO-FRA-GRU-SCL. Did on line check in for return SCL-GRU-FCO and had a LAN FF# in the field (I do not have a LATAM FF#). I deleted it but when BP's issued shows the number. I am not in Chile (in NZ) and flying to SCL today. Will see if I can change at airport before flight in the biz check in area.

Did anyone figure out how a FF account which does not exist appears and how to ensure can get credit to another program (when I decide where I want it)?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
update from Post#6 - check in person deleted FF#, no comment about where it originated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.