Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Same ticket checked baggage JPA-GRU-LIS long layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold

Hi All,

Can someone on this forum please help me with a question i have,

My wife will be traveling from JPA to GRU arriving in the evening and then flying onwards the next day from GRU to LIS on Latam on the same ticket/pnr in J ,my question is will they check her baggage through to LIS or will she need to collect in GRU and then check the baggage the next day,as i want to book a room for her at the "airside TRYP" hotel which of course will mean she needs her second boarding pass to get access and her baggage needs to be checked all the way,

Thank in advance for any relevant answers
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:09 am

She will need to collect her baggage. You are probably going to arrive at Terminal 2 - domestic, where Latam does all their domestic flights.
From GRU to LIS she will have to check her baggage at Terminal 3, where Latam does most of their international flights.

There are a few options outside: Pullman and Marriot.
At T2 there is Fast Sleep, which is not that good but does the job.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by geoshina
She will need to collect her baggage. You are probably going to arrive at Terminal 2 - domestic, where Latam does all their domestic flights.
From GRU to LIS she will have to check her baggage at Terminal 3, where Latam does most of their international flights.

There are a few options outside: Pullman and Marriot.
At T2 there is Fast Sleep, which is not that good but does the job.
Thanks for your reply

Told by Station manager in JPA that both boarding passes will be issued at check-in and that baggage will be checked straight through,and yes you are right about arriving T2 and departing in the new T3,

Stayed at Marriott last year,nice little exec lounge and fairly close to GRU....
geoshina likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.