Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

What does VIDI mean in my boarding pass?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Hey guys,

Just a radom question that I got while checking my boarding pass today.

Next to the QR Code they wrote "VIDI". Anyone knows what this means?

Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
From one of LA manual of operations, it means you don't have carry-on luggage allowance.
Pasajeros que no tengan derecho a transportar piezas de equipaje podrán ser identificados por el edit VIDI impreso en todos los formatos de tarjetas de embarque.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by MfromL
From one of LA manual of operations, it means you don't have carry-on luggage allowance.
No carry-on? Maybe you want to say no checked bags?

I just saw the same for a reward ticket. During the redemption I was notified only carry-on luggage is allowed, no checked luggage.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Yeah, I think the same. It should be just for checked bags.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
The translation is "no baggage allowence" it does not say if this mean no checked bags or what... Just says that.

Now, lets say that Latam will always allow a Carry On, on any fare, but be carefull since other airlines like Jetsmart will charge for Carry ons, only allow the personal items.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
True... sorry carry-on just came to mind instead of checked baggage because of the phrasing used in the paragraph (I'm trying to find the document again but the website is unavailable now) that gave me the impression the main purpose of this was not to be used in the check-in counters, but at the gates, which makes more sense, as the people at check-in counters are able to determine quickly if the passenger has or not a baggage allowance, while it is harder at the gates –especially during boarding. Just like the zone thing that AA uses. But I defer to the experience of the elders (the comodoros, I mean)...
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
It means no checked baggage allowance. However, the VIDI seems to appear as a bug for some oneworld frequent flyers who do have the guaranteed right to a checked bag (Sapphire, Emerald). Agents don't seem to notice it much anyway.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:03 am

What was it finally? Did you have any issue with your carry on baggage?

I have a flight tomorrow and i got de Vidi sign in red.....

Thanks!

Originally Posted by fnfilho
Hey guys,

Just a radom question that I got while checking my boarding pass today.

Next to the QR Code they wrote "VIDI". Anyone knows what this means?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.