Alcohol served in J before 12pm?

Old Sep 17, 18, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Alcohol served in J before 12pm?

Hi all,

Iím looking at flying MIA-PUJ on LA in Business. On their website it says wines & spirits are served after 12pm. Do they not serve alcohol at all before that? Itís an 08:25 departure.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 17, 18, 5:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Black, KL Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Sorry, but this leg will be a booze-free breakfast time flight.

It may be that drinks will be catered in PUJ only for the onward segment to SCL, but I am not sure. In any case, the flight attendants will adhere to the policy and not serve alcohol.

However, the wide body on this short hop might compensate for the lack of alcohol... You may enjoy some nice views of the Bahamas instead.

Actually, I was not aware that the "alcohol schedule" was even communicated on the website.
Old Sep 17, 18, 9:46 pm

Interesting, wondering if it is a new rule... Definitely had something stronger on a morning departure from GRU in J last year.
Old Sep 17, 18, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MichaelJapan View Post
Interesting, wondering if it is a new rule... Definitely had something stronger on a morning departure from GRU in J last year.
It has been published on the website for at least a year if not longer. Notwithstanding this (my experience where I've asked is limited to flights which will extend into the afternoon), they'll fill your request (and if you ask for bubbles, they'll explain how they aren't cold yet). Note that your menu likely has the wine and spirits list included.
Old Oct 8, 18, 8:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
On a flight JNB-GRU departing a few minutes before 12pm and the welcome drink on a long haul flight in the J cabin was but water or orange juice, no peanuts or anything to nibble.

Latam is just cheap, in my opinion.
Old Oct 8, 18, 8:48 pm

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by TCX69 View Post
Hi all,

Iím looking at flying MIA-PUJ on LA in Business. On their website it says wines & spirits are served after 12pm. Do they not serve alcohol at all before that? Itís an 08:25 departure.

Many thanks.
Lol, you have to be kidding...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: