Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Lounge is Back!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Lima Lounge is Back!!!

I got today 09/01 to Lima, i had a problem with my booking on Kayak and.didnt have any free wifi left... I went to the new Premium check in area to ask for a Wifi code and thet told me that since last week the Lounge was open to the Latam Flyers.

I will fly back tomorrow and report about the lounge
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Hey, this is good news for a change! I am curious to hear, if this will be a proper LATAM lounge - what I hope and suspect - or again a third party solution.

I am surprised that they are not „bragging“ a bit more about this and use this for some positive PR. Or have Lima-based elites been informed about this?

Lately, communication from LATAM has become quite poor and is basically limited to promotions and the typical questionaries after each flight.

Just two days ago, I got a request for feedback regarding Lima transfers, which I have not answered, but where I thought to address the lounge situation which apparently has been finally sorted.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

It is the same (and only) lounge Sumaq but they have change the name. Now is a lot larger than last time i visit it (about 1 year ago). But still is quitte crowded and the food still sucks... But lets hope in a near future Latam will have their own lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:52 am

Too bad, I was hoping for a day that they have opened a full LATAM lounge...at least a small improvement with the larger lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
funny fact: sumaq is Quechua for beautiful, while hanaq can mean heaven, something that is high or north (or north-oriented, north-bound). In this context, heaven.
MichaelJapan likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MfromL
funny fact: sumaq is Quechua for beautiful, while hanaq can mean heaven, something that is high or north (or north-oriented, north-bound). In this context, heaven.
​​​​​​
Sumaq was no way near Beautiful and Hanaq is not way near Heaven son they mantain the same line hehehe 🤭
​​​​​​
Hope next time i can report about the Pisco Sour on the Bar.... But yesterday there where about 10 people on a line waiting for it
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:08 pm

Well, in the Andean cosmology there are 3 worlds, the underworld, where demons and mythic figures from the past ages of earth's history live; this world, inhabited by humans and earth animals, and the hanaq-pacha, the heavens, where the gods and flying animals live –those who fly first or business, according to the overly complicated figure.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:45 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Hello everyone! Reporting live from Hanaq Lounge! It isn't the same as Sumaq exactly, that side is supposed to reopen after more renovations, but it's larger than the old VIP lounge. They do have some hot options (noodles and meatball, crema de zapallo) and the trusty orange juice machine. Kind bartender fixed me an amaretto sour, no lines. There's a kids area (empty). They do seem slow to clean plates/tables. Wifi password is Z3ADTTC.

Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
So, this is essentially the old VIP lounge space? Also, it sounds like this will be one giant lounge with the old SUMAQ space after completion. Verdad? Also also, will the lounge permit entry with just a LATAM J boarding pass, or does one need an invitation? (i.e., on connections, must one stop by the service counter?)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by andreadbc
It isn't the same as Sumaq exactly, that side is supposed to reopen after more renovations, but it's larger than the old VIP lounge.
Could it be possible that they are refurbishing the former Sumaq side to become a full LATAM lounge?

I never understood, why none of the big "locals" (say LATAM or Avianca) with transfer traffic would not offer their own lounge in LIM.

Now that LATAM have opened their customised Priority Check-in (albeit a little cramped), a proper lounge at one of their primary hubs would make for a more seamless travel experience.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:34 pm

I think that there is not LA or AV lounge because the airport does not have the space for it, it wasn't planned to have it and they are cannibalizing space until the new terminal is constructed.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
I have never seen people queueing to get into a lounge. Passed on Hanaq, since the wait was around 20 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.