Oneworld Benefits

Old Aug 2, 18, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Oneworld Benefits

Wondering what and how to get Oneworld benefits on LATAM for a Cusco-Lima flight. Looking at fares I see Light, Plus and Top categories. I understand I no longer need to worry about going with an upper category to avoid issues with resident / nonresident fares (yes?). So will my Lifetime AA Gold (Ruby) get me anything if I purchase the Light category fare? Seat selection possibility? Free checked bag?. One page on the site leads me to think seat selection yes bag no. If so does entry of my Advantage number automatically get me whatever or is there something else I need to do? Looks like I'd be better off with the Light fare if allowed to purchase additional items than moving to the Plus fare.
Old Aug 2, 18, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
Here's the link to what AAdvantage Gold translates into for benefits as OW Ruby:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/my-onew...tage-gold#tier

It doesn't appear that baggage allowance kicks in until the next level up, AAdvantage Platinum aka OW Sapphire
Old Aug 7, 18, 5:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM & ExP, LATAM Black (OW Emerald), *A Gold, Smiles Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Gold
No baggage allowance benefits for OW Ruby.
Old Jan 20, 20, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by broland View Post
How about seat selection? Does anybody have an answer on this? I'm specifically curious about their lower level fares, like basic/light. I just spoke with LATAM and the CSR said no, but the Oneworld site implies otherwise*: "Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating
*In accordance with the policy of the airline operating the flight"

I suppose it won't necessarily change how I book this, but I'm still curious to find a definitive answer that's somehow written somewhere.

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 20, 1:20 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by jnagar View Post
How about seat selection? Does anybody have an answer on this? I'm specifically curious about their lower level fares, like basic/light. I just spoke with LATAM and the CSR said no, but the Oneworld site implies otherwise*: "Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating
*In accordance with the policy of the airline operating the flight"

I suppose it won't necessarily change how I book this, but I'm still curious to find a definitive answer that's somehow written somewhere.

Thanks!
No free seat selection for OW Emerald?

https://www.latam.com/en_us/latam-pa...lite-benefits/
Old Jan 20, 20, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by broland View Post
I should have been more clear: I'm asking about Ruby benefits.
Old Jan 20, 20, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jnagar View Post
I should have been more clear: I'm asking about Ruby benefits.
No seat selection benefit for Ruby members, however on domestic Brazilian itineraries Ruby's get 1 add'l bag free to check in (up to 23kg).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: