Search

Transferring KMs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP
Transferring KMs

Afternoon all,

having previously been LATAM platinum, I have recently migrated across to qantas frequent flyer (like changed and I was not in a position to meet the LATAM metal requirements, or the EQD requirements). So here I am with 200000kms in a dead LATAM account

i would like to find a way to let my best friend in the UK have use of them- her son is coming to the end of extensive cancer treatment, money has been tight and it seems like this amount would be enough for them to have a decent trip of some kind.

looking at LATAM it seems like I can pay US$700 to transfer a maximum of 100000km to her (presumably this means I could transfer 100000 to him separately?) although this is approaching the cost of just buying them a ticket somewhere. Does anyone know of any alternative? Can I just book flights for them directly paid out of my account or no?

thanks in advance for any help
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: Latampass Black
Hi Nancypants - No point transferring them, you're right, the cost is prohibitive.

Yes, you can just buy them the award tickets from your account.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Ok good, thanks

do LATAM tend to release their award availability around the same time as other ie 330 days or so? And partners? I’ve emailed my friend to tell her to start thinking dates and locations!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: Latampass Black
nancypants - it is usually 330 days out but can sometimes be sooner & some availability is often added later (just to make it more confusing!).

If you are using Multiplus, the one way fares are half of the return fares, so you can book the outbound trip on the day it is released & then book the return on the day it is released.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Now having a fun time trying to get into Multiplus, where the system is seemingly always "down"

We could fall out over this, LATAM!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.