Adding non-LA FF# to LA booking

Old Jun 19, 18, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
Adding non-LA FF# to LA booking

Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea how to add a Finnair (or any other non-LA FF#) to a LA booking? The ”My Trips“ section on the LA website won‘t let me add a non-LA number, while other OW websites (AY, BA...) don‘t recognize the booking PNR. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old Jun 19, 18, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cerberusbites View Post
Hi all,
Does anyone have an idea how to add a Finnair (or any other non-LA FF#) to a LA booking? The ”My Trips“ section on the LA website won‘t let me add a non-LA number, while other OW websites (AY, BA...) don‘t recognize the booking PNR. Any ideas would be appreciated!
During online check in, there is typically a drop down menu with all the programs. Otherwise you'll need to call.
Old Jun 19, 18, 12:59 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
During online check in, there is typically a drop down menu with all the programs. Otherwise you'll need to call.
As i posted in another topic like this, the Menu for other programs have been down for a while now, about 6 or 7 month, so you can now only choose Latam. If you have another FF you will have to call
Old Jun 19, 18, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
FWIW, my experience as a BAEC member is that even BAEC call centre reps can't do it and make it stick. They can enter the number but it disappears again as soon as they try to save it. The only people I found that coud do it and make it stick were checkin staff at SCL, and LATAM city office staff at UIO.
Old Jun 19, 18, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PABLOCO View Post
As i posted in another topic like this, the Menu for other programs have been down for a while now, about 6 or 7 month, so you can now only choose Latam. If you have another FF you will have to call
I do recall seeing the drop down option at check in only (and I'm not logging in through a LATAMpass number) as recently as March, probably from the US site.
Old Jun 19, 18, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Gold
What's even more frustrating is that I noticed my original AA frequent flyer number on my LATAM booking has been deleted and switched to my LATAMpass number by LATAM.
Old Jun 19, 18, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Platinum, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
What's even more frustrating is that I noticed my original AA frequent flyer number on my LATAM booking has been deleted and switched to my LATAMpass number by LATAM.
I think this happened to me too. It was for a CPT-JNB-GRU journey, on BA & LA respectively. Initially, my LATAM Pass number printed on both boarding passes, but BA check-in staff amended this in their computers so my AAdvantage number would prevail - on what they told me would be the entire itinerary. True to their word, the BA sector posted automatically to AAdvantage, while the LA sector has not. Since the arrival of Multiplus, I haven't been able to log in to my LATAM Pass account - so have no idea weather this flight might have posted there despite BA's intervention. And because of LATAM's miserable back-office, my missing-mileage request with AA is still pending.

Such an omni-shambles. With the exception of the onboard experience, seems everything to do with LATAM is excruciating.
OskiBear likes this.
Old Jun 19, 18, 11:01 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Just an Update, Just now 00:01 (Chilean time) 20/06 the website will allow to enter numbers from another airlines. On Sunday this wassent posible and today to get this booking done toke me like 2 hours since the website had many glitches
Old Jul 1, 18, 9:16 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by PABLOCO View Post
Just an Update, Just now 00:01 (Chilean time) 20/06 the website will allow to enter numbers from another airlines. On Sunday this wassent posible and today to get this booking done toke me like 2 hours since the website had many glitches
can't find it. the only supported FF program is LATAM pass when opening an existing booking
Old Jul 5, 18, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of this AM, I was able to OLCI and there is drop down menu to add/change your #. Alaska is not there anymore. This is a TA booking (and my AS # is in the PNR), and fortunately, when printing the BP, it shows.
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of last month, even though I had an AS number in the reservation, OLCI wouldn't permit me to continue with the AS number. So, I chose LA as my "program" and typed in AS (with a space) before the number, which was already in there. On one segment, it credited just fine within about a week. On another segment, it hasn't credited in almost a month, so I've just submitted for credit. The BP reads AS xxxxxxx.
Old Jun 26, 19, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Just tried doing a dummy booking on the Chilean website. It allowed me to enter the BA number, but didn't recognise my BAEC status when it came to seat selection...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: