Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Opodo offering very cheap LATAM flights on LIM-CUZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Hi,

We're looking at flights through Opodo and it seems they are selling very cheap flights on that route.

My guess would be that they book the cheap residents-only fare - but they don't disclose it anywhere? How likely are we to get away with that?

Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Resident fares are gone. How much is cheap, btw?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've read that flights to/from Cuzco (especially in the afternoon) are more subject to cancellation that most other destinations, though that statement wasn't LATAM-specific, and it wasn't clear if it was year-round either.

So on this route, and perhaps depending on the timing specifics, you may want to consider whether cheapest is the best, or if instead the fare that will give you the best rebooking options is better.

I was pleasantly surprised that the round trip fare on this route was capped at $300ish USD on the LATAM site, for the most flexible fare possible. In the US, you don't often find round-trip fares capped that low.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I've read that flights to/from Cuzco (especially in the afternoon) are more subject to cancellation that most other destinations, though that statement wasn't LATAM-specific, and it wasn't clear if it was year-round either.

So on this route, and perhaps depending on the timing specifics, you may want to consider whether cheapest is the best, or if instead the fare that will give you the best rebooking options is better.
Latam is the most reliable airline during weather-related problems. I have witnessed situations in which Latam was the only airline able to land or depart from Cuzco. In addition, Latam has the most frequent connections to Cuzco, which gives the best rebooking options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.