FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Improved Business Class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1913838-improved-business-class.html)

bkkth Jun 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Improved Business Class?

it seems many airlines offer a 1-2-1 seating arrangement in Business. Is there any hope Latam will offer this enhancement?

Eastbay1K Jun 11, 2018 6:47 pm

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fcd4d57efd.jpg

sdsearch Jun 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by bkkth (Post 29855662)
it seems many airlines offer a 1-2-1 seating arrangement in Business. Is there any hope Latam will offer this enhancement?

1-2-1 on what airplanes??? :confused:

1-2-1 on a narrowbody is one thing, 1-2-1 on widebody is something else entirely.

But AFAIK LATAM doesn't have business class on any of its narrowbody planes.

And 1=2=1 in what orientation??? :confused: I doubt anyone does 1-2-1 on widebody all facing forward, but some do fewer seats per row because they "herringbone" (\ / \ /) and thus each row is narrower because the seats are at an angle relative to the plane direction.

So you can't compare X-Y-Z between planes where the seats are at an angle (relative to the plane direction) to planes where all the seats face forward.

All of LATAM planes AFAIK have the business class seats facing straight forward, and thus more per row but fewer rows than airlines which put business seats at an angle relative to the plane direction.

Eastbay1K Jun 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 29855883)
1-2-1 on what airplanes??? :confused:

1-2-1 on a narrowbody is one thing, 1-2-1 on widebody is something else entirely.

The OP must mean widebody, because they're the only aeronaves with business. As far as if/when, my prior post is my prognostication. I've enjoyed the 1/2/1 on AA (and even on the AM 789).

bkkth Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

You are correct, I meant long hauls. Like AA and Avianca 787s.

carlosdca Jun 12, 2018 10:36 am

One enhancement I would welcome is true Premium Economy on 787s and 767s ( a wider seat, more pitch, more recline, leg rests - not only more legroom)

As far as the 2-2-2 config, it is really not that bad, IMO.

I think there is hope, since the current seats won't last forever. When will it happen? I don't think anybody knows.

PABLOCO Jun 12, 2018 11:56 pm

With all the problems on the 787s i dont think this will be the time to change seats.

I like the 2-2-2 seats because i have big feets so on the 1 2 1 sets business my feet will always hit the top part of the feet compartment and also i can not move freely

dbasulto Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

During 2016-17 I received many surveys from LATAM after flying in J, asking questions about seats. How much I value direct aisle access, what did I think about AF, KLM, and AA product, herringbone configuration, etc. Clearly trying to understand about this issue. IMHO 1-2-1 configs are the best. LA product is good, but it is a hassle to jump over someone to go to the bathroom in the middle of the dark, that's why I always choose aisle unless it is a day fly and I want to look through the window.

ajeleonard Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

Higher priority to get rid of the angled and middle seats in J on the 77W IMO

sdsearch Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ajeleonard (Post 29862207)
Higher priority to get rid of the angled and middle seats in J on the 77W IMO

And what about the 763? That needs to update not only its seats, but also it's ancient IFE.

SCLflyer Jun 13, 2018 6:09 pm

AFAIK.. 1-2-1 will come with the A350-1000 and on the reconfigured 767's (reconfig starting 2019).