Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Problem using LATAM travel voucher

Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).

I was involuntarily downgraded from J to Y on the outbound sector of a SCL-IPC-SCL due to aircraft change from 787 to 767.

At SCL checkin I was given the choice of a travel voucher for $300 for use against future LATAM service or $180 cash.While we were in the air the travel voucher arrived in my email but was only for $300 for LATAM service, no cash value.

Fast forward to earlier this week when I made a booking for 2 tickets on LATAM.com for FRA-MAD-FRA in J using the travel voucher. I'm not going to be flying LATAM anywhere else in the foreseeable future so this was the only way I could find to actually utilise the voucher and get some BA avios and TPs in the process.

At this point the payment with my Amex card failed and I received an email with a link to try the payment again. This is where everything started to go wrong as clicking on the link brought up a payment page but for the full price, not the discounted price with the travel voucher.

I called the LATAM UK contact centre and we went through the process of trying to pay 3 or 4 times but each time it failed. The agent then told me there was a problem with their payment system and to call back in a couple of hours. I called back but the payment system was still not working. The agent asked me to call back next day.Next day

I called again and spent more than an hour with an agent (on viber out) trying to make the payment but again each time it failed. He then passed me to a supervisor who tried a couple more times with the same result. After a while we got cut off so he called me back and we tried again. Still no joy.

The supervisor then sent me an email telling me that the only way to make payment would be to go to a LATAM office in person. Not so easy as I’m in Ukraine at the moment and the nearest LATAM office is in Moscow.

He also said that the reservation I’d made a couple of days earlier would automatically cancel if not paid by 7th June, and that the travel voucher was still available to be used but would be voided on 11th June.

I then checked the status of the travel voucher on LATAM.com with the result that there is no voucher available, presumably because it had already been used - as the on-screen message said would be the case when I made the booking.

At this point, bearing in mind what the supervisor had told me, I went back to the payment link and paid for the tickets, assuming that the final price charged would correct itself, but it didn’t.

Finally I contacted the LATAM social media team on Facebook and have been engaged in a so far fruitless game of ping pong with me asking them to refund the value of the voucher, and them insisting that I can still use the voucher for a future booking, even though their own system says its no longer available to use, and the only reason I made this booking in the first place was to use the voucher.

Is there anything else I can do?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by heartybob
I was involuntarily downgraded from J to Y on the outbound sector of a SCL-IPC-SCL due to aircraft change from 787 to 767.

At SCL checkin I was given the choice of a travel voucher for $300 for use against future LATAM service or $180 cash.While we were in the air the travel voucher arrived in my email but was only for $300 for LATAM service, no cash value.

Fast forward to earlier this week when I made a booking for 2 tickets on LATAM.com for FRA-MAD-FRA in J using the travel voucher. I'm not going to be flying LATAM anywhere else in the foreseeable future so this was the only way I could find to actually utilise the voucher and get some BA avios and TPs in the process.

At this point the payment with my Amex card failed and I received an email with a link to try the payment again. This is where everything started to go wrong as clicking on the link brought up a payment page but for the full price, not the discounted price with the travel voucher.

I called the LATAM UK contact centre and we went through the process of trying to pay 3 or 4 times but each time it failed. The agent then told me there was a problem with their payment system and to call back in a couple of hours. I called back but the payment system was still not working. The agent asked me to call back next day.Next day

I called again and spent more than an hour with an agent (on viber out) trying to make the payment but again each time it failed. He then passed me to a supervisor who tried a couple more times with the same result. After a while we got cut off so he called me back and we tried again. Still no joy.

The supervisor then sent me an email telling me that the only way to make payment would be to go to a LATAM office in person. Not so easy as I’m in Ukraine at the moment and the nearest LATAM office is in Moscow.

He also said that the reservation I’d made a couple of days earlier would automatically cancel if not paid by 7th June, and that the travel voucher was still available to be used but would be voided on 11th June.

I then checked the status of the travel voucher on LATAM.com with the result that there is no voucher available, presumably because it had already been used - as the on-screen message said would be the case when I made the booking.

At this point, bearing in mind what the supervisor had told me, I went back to the payment link and paid for the tickets, assuming that the final price charged would correct itself, but it didn’t.

Finally I contacted the LATAM social media team on Facebook and have been engaged in a so far fruitless game of ping pong with me asking them to refund the value of the voucher, and them insisting that I can still use the voucher for a future booking, even though their own system says its no longer available to use, and the only reason I made this booking in the first place was to use the voucher.

Is there anything else I can do?
I got this voucher recently but redeemed it in sales office. They should issue a new voucher immediately and void the old one, so you can purchase the ticket.
Cannot complain about their service in the office, was excellent although took a few days but call centers are less competent. I presume that LATAM have some representative in Moscow, not their office since they not fly to there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.