Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM no longer offering Status Match

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM no longer offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
Unhappy LATAM no longer offering Status Match

Hi
I just received an email from Latam informing that they no longer offers Status Match from 01/05/2018.
Does anyone has had the same reply?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by john1987
Hi
I just received an email from Latam informing that they no longer offers Status Match from 01/05/2018.
Does anyone has had the same reply?
Yes, I tried 3 separate times in the past month and was denied, one rep said they were no longer doing matches.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I opened a Latam account from the Latam website. I livd in Canada and was directed to Multiplus to register. Once done I tweeted LA about a status match to AS. They replied requesting my Latam account, my AS FF# and an emaile address. I provided the information. They replied that they couldn't match me because my Latam account was Fidelidade and not Latam Pass.

Any way to create a Latam Pass account?

Thanks

James
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I opened a Latam account from the Latam website. I livd in Canada and was directed to Multiplus to register. Once done I tweeted LA about a status match to AS. They replied requesting my Latam account, my AS FF# and an emaile address. I provided the information. They replied that they couldn't match me because my Latam account was Fidelidade and not Latam Pass.

Any way to create a Latam Pass account?

Thanks

James
Hi James, my understanding is that LatamPass accounts have all migrated to the Multiplus platform - don't think there is a way to open a LatamPass account anymore. Out of curiosity when did you tweet LA about the status match? Recent reports suggest that Latam is no longer status matching (since the migration to Multiplus in early May), my request was rejected.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Well that’s tragic. I will be making as much use out of my OWE LATAM Black as as I can before March 31
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by mzb00
Hi James, my understanding is that LatamPass accounts have all migrated to the Multiplus platform - don't think there is a way to open a LatamPass account anymore. Out of curiosity when did you tweet LA about the status match? Recent reports suggest that Latam is no longer status matching (since the migration to Multiplus in early May), my request was rejected.
Not Chilean based accounts - They are still LATAMpass. Don't know about PE, AR, CO etc.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mzb00
They replied to my tweet on June 1st with...

Hi James, in order to assist you, send us both frequent flyer numbers, email address and a phone number. We remain attentive.

I provided the requested information and their reply on June 3rd was...

James, we're sorry to inform you that due to your account is LATAM fidelidade does not apply for the status match. We hope to help you next time. Kind regards.

James
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: LATAM Black / IHG Platinum / Avis Preferred Plus
Up until they migrated everyone there was a real gain by matching with LATAM, you could get black status with less kilometers and money than southamerican based accounts.

Party is over when they migrated to Brazil Multiplus which is terrible (rewards are horrible and 99.99 focus on Brazil).

With this change they close the last door on OW Emerald status on rather cheap mileage, in terms of quality and service, BA/ Iberia/Qantas/Cathay in OW are far superior and might give you more value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.