Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM schedule/equipment changes due to 787 issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM schedule/equipment changes due to 787 issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Good news! from november 01, the 787 will be back on LA576 and LA577.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:05 pm

I flew the 777-200 this weekend scl-ipc and Ipc-scl in J. My observations are much the same as other posters. Seats not in great shape, angle flat... entertainment system not working on both segments (sat in 14a both flights). They did hand out a sheet explaining the 787’s are being serviced hence the need to lease the 777. It went on to apologize that the plane didn’t meet Latam standards and instructed us to contact our local Latam call center to receive a to-be-determined amount of compensation in the form of vouchers. Will call in a day or two and find out exactly how much I’m entitled too
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing
I flew the 777-200 this weekend scl-ipc and Ipc-scl in J. My observations are much the same as other posters. Seats not in great shape, angle flat... entertainment system not working on both segments (sat in 14a both flights). They did hand out a sheet explaining the 787’s are being serviced hence the need to lease the 777. It went on to apologize that the plane didn’t meet Latam standards and instructed us to contact our local Latam call center to receive a to-be-determined amount of compensation in the form of vouchers. Will call in a day or two and find out exactly how much I’m entitled too
This was my exact experience on the 777 last week except my outbound was the 787. At least the recliners have the newer Latam upholstery.

The early morning SCL-IPC was delayed to a point where both planes arrived around the same time. Then the 777 had issues where it couldn't move so my plane had to taxi back on the runway so the 777 can move and park in the appropriate spot. My cabana host had to wait 2 hours before I exited with my bags. It was total chaos at the single baggage claim due to 2 wide bodies arriving at once.

Curious to hear your compensation amount from Latam.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Any guesses why LAN 601 is taking over 10 hours some days and 8.5 hours some other days?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...450Z/KLAX/SPJC
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Is a problem with the website, take a look into the details of the flights, the 9/29 as an example says 10:23 hours, but if you click on the fly it will say 8:17 hours. The only fly that was over 10 hours was on the 10/01, but i will guess it was also a website problem
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:37 am

Hey, replying a little late but LATAM ended up offering $100. Not much $ and there were a series of hoops to jump through to get even that much.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
After my SCL-BOG segment on a Wamos operated Business Class award, I sent an email to customer service saying what I actually thought.. that the hard product and crew were way below what i was expecting when I purchased my ticket (originally supposed to be operate by 787 as indicated on my eticket). I got a full refund of my miles.. don't know if got lucky or they actually don't care since it's probably the engine manufcacturer paying for all this..
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
The old ex SQ 777 is frequently used on SCL-GRU. I had my J booking for GRU-SCL-AKL on 10/03 swapped from the 787-900 to 777-2000 for the GRU-SCL leg. Lets see whether they will compensate for the downgrade.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by hardiwv
The old ex SQ 777 is frequently used on SCL-GRU. I had my J booking for GRU-SCL-AKL on 10/03 swapped from the 787-900 to 777-2000 for the GRU-SCL leg. Lets see whether they will compensate for the downgrade.
That aircraft is awful... old seats, old entertainment (it has just one "channel" that broadcasts one movie) and the cabin is very loudy because of its engines. If I were you, I'd try to change the flight to another with Premium Business and operated by LATAM Brasil.

I still recall a previous flight on that airplane and I must say that the experience was quite awful.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I wouldn't switch a schedule for that relatively short of a flight. You're on a plane that is "comfortable enough" for a few hours. It is certainly better than the Varig 767 I once flew on that route. And it is certainly better than a Euro-business product that you've likely been stuck on for flights that can be longer than this one.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by hardiwv
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I wouldn't switch a schedule for that relatively short of a flight. You're on a plane that is "comfortable enough" for a few hours. It is certainly better than the Varig 767 I once flew on that route. And it is certainly better than a Euro-business product that you've likely been stuck on for flights that can be longer than this one.
If I pay J class, I want a good product from the beginning to end (that's me, if you don't care about how good is an aircraft it's ok too).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Options are quite limited considering I am connecting with LA801 to AKL departing 00.25 from SCL.

1. Fly a later flight (short connection in SCL) but narrow body A320 and get downgraded to premium economy;
2. Fly an earlier flight B77W with LATAM Brazil but this would entail a very long +10h connection in SCL;

Rgs,
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Thack
If I pay J class, I want a good product from the beginning to end (that's me, if you don't care about how good is an aircraft it's ok too).
It isn't that I don't care. It is that for the flight length in question, I would not change my schedule around it. If the premium cabin disappeared completely, I'd probably change my schedule. I did on a flight last year, in which they accommodated me without issue.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by setec
If anyone happens to fly on the 777 on the SCL-IPC or IPC-SCL, I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the plane/experience. We shelled out for business class a few months ago, thinking that it would be the modern 787 equipment. This seems quite the downgrade, but of course safety comes first.

Also, I have seen a bunch of articles/discussions on the internet that claim that the flights are reduced to once a week. We are scheduled to fly SCL-IPC on August 1 and IPC-SCL on August 4. But if the schedule is reduced to once a week, our itinerary cannot possibly still work. LATAM has not told us anything. We only found out something changed because we wanted to recheck the seat assignments and we noticed the new map. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
I was on the leased 777-200 from IPC-SCL on 26 June. It's painted all-white (no LATAM marking at all) and I did not even see a registration number painted on the tail (very strange). The Business Class cabin interior is old and looks dirty and tattered. The armrests on multiple seats were partially detached and "leaning" towards the aisle or window. Several seats would not recline and two flight attendants had to come and press some kind of manual override button in the armrest, then work in tandem to push/pull it into reclining mode and then back upright before landing. Entertainment system had a choice of 2 movies. The screen in the seatback next to mine kept falling out of the seat throughout the flight. I jokingly asked my seatmate if he'd brought any Scotch tape to fix it. The plane is an absolute disgrace to the LATAM name. On top of this, we were served the worst Business Class dinner I have ever experienced: ham and cheese sandwiches on stale, dried out white bread that was inedible. I actually felt sorry for the flight attendants having to apologize over and over for all this. They really should give a complete fare refund to all the folks who paid good money expecting that they were going to get a flight up to normal LATAM standards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.