Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Baggage lost in Santiago de Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I arrived yesterday evening to Santiago de Chile after having a flight with 2 changes (Helsinki-Istanbul-Bogota-Santiago). First 2 flights with Turkish airlines and the last one with LAN airlines.

Something really strange happened to me yesterday when I arrived to Santiago airport. When I was at the immigration counter the lady asked me some questions. Then took my passport and travel document with baggage tag and asked me to wait a while. After ~10 mins she came with a officer who asked me to follow him. Seem there had been something suspicious with my luggage at Bogota and they wanted to check it. I showed a picture of my luggage, and they asked me to wait. After about 30 mins they came back and say that everything is fine. I went back to immigration counter and the lady said I can ask the luggage from specific counter with my flight number. I went there and asked about my luggage but they didn't find it. At that point I also noticed that the lady didn't return my bag tag. Travel document yes but not the bag tag. I went back to ask the lady to the immigration desk but she wasn't there anymore and no one else could help me. I walked around everywhere and tried to find it but couldn't. Eventually they made a report of my disappeared luggage at the LAN airlines counter. So far, no luck.

Any good advices what to do?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Call Latam. Your luggage number should still be attached to your ticket in their system so they will be able to tell you if it made it on to their flight or not.

My guess is that it's still in Bogota!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.