Wiki Posts
Search

Frequency of schedule changes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Frequency of schedule changes?

My family and I are booked on LA 537, the twice a week JFK-LIM service, in May. When we booked this flight about a month ago, it was scheduled for a 23:50 departure and 06:20 arrival. Shortly after booking this, we booked a separate LIM-CUZ flight, also on LA, departing at 09:50, giving us 3.5 hours to connect in LIM. (The JFK-LIM flight was booked as an award, while no reasonable LIM-CUZ flights had availability, hence the separate bookings.)

A couple of weeks ago, there was a schedule change for JFK-LIM, and it was moved up to a 23:00 departure and 05:30 arrival. Today I received notification of another, more major schedule change for the same flight, pushing it back to a 01:25 departure and 07:55 arrival, which has me wondering how often LA changes its schedules and if we'll get another change between now and May. Two hours should be enough to connect in LIM, but any further changes to our arrival time could make it tight.

Anyone else here have experience with frequent schedule changes on LA? IME one schedule change is normal, two is extraordinary, three is...I've never had that happen to me before on any airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.