FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-latam-fidelidade-689/)
-   -   LAN elite qualifying (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-latam-fidelidade/1893899-lan-elite-qualifying.html)

bkkth Feb 14, 18 7:38 am

LAN elite qualifying
 
I am trying to learn how to qualify for elite status and have searched lan.com without success. Can you assist? Thanks!

FairDinkumMate Feb 18, 18 4:16 pm


Originally Posted by bkkth (Post 29415157)
I am trying to learn how to qualify for elite status and have searched lan.com without success. Can you assist? Thanks!

Here you go https://www.latam.com/en_us/latam-fi...es/categories/

rollthere Mar 7, 18 10:33 am

Does anyone know if the following will earn the 200% premium business class access EQM on LA since they have no booking code chart like most airlines?
LA-I, QF-I, CX-I, BA-R, JL-X

Thanks for any help!

PABLOCO Mar 7, 18 2:34 pm


Originally Posted by rollthere (Post 29496132)
Does anyone know if the following will earn the 200% premium business class access EQM on LA since they have no booking code chart like most airlines?
LA-I, QF-I, CX-I, BA-R, JL-X

Thanks for any help!

Almost all Business booking fares will get you 125 and on just a few ones you get 150% (besides Latam). on your fly

LA-I 150%
QF-I 125%
CX-I 125%
BA-R 125%
JL-X 125%

rollthere Mar 7, 18 4:48 pm


Originally Posted by PABLOCO (Post 29497203)
Almost all Business booking fares will get you 125 and on just a few ones you get 150% (besides Latam). on your fly

LA-I 150%
QF-I 125%
CX-I 125%
BA-R 125%
JL-X 125%

Thanks for the info Pablo. Where did you get that by the way? Are these just painful lessons you've learned over the years or are the various earning rates actually available somewhere (just not on the LATAM site!)? So then why on the LATAM colored chart do all Premium Business fares have either Access 200% or Flex 300% yet apparently the I fare only earns 150%? On the colored chart the only 150% is for Premium Economy!

FairDinkumMate Mar 7, 18 8:58 pm


Originally Posted by rollthere (Post 29497656)
Thanks for the info Pablo. Where did you get that by the way? Are these just painful lessons you've learned over the years or are the various earning rates actually available somewhere (just not on the LATAM site!)? So then why on the LATAM colored chart do all Premium Business fares have either Access 200% or Flex 300% yet apparently the I fare only earns 150%? On the colored chart the only 150% is for Premium Economy!

The entire program has just been changed & it seems that the only constant is that the earning of 'Elite Points' as they are now known, still varies by country, depending on where you are registered. The website states that "Elite Points are calculated based on the distance you fly on LATAM and oneworld airline flights, multiplied by a percentage that varies depending on the cabin class, fare category and flight that you choose", followed by the table for your country.
Now the hard part is that not many at Latam seem to understand the new program, even their programmers! eg. I flew Business Flex from GRU-LIM-MIA return & then GRU-SCL return last month & got different 'Elite Points' on each & every leg. Unless you're earning additional 'Elite Points' if your plane is forced to circle before landing, there's obviously a problem there! I also earned MORE 'Elite Points' flying GRU-MCP return in economy than I did on the GRU-SCL business flex legs, which whilst roughly the same distance, shouldn't be the same multiplier.

So in summary, your reading of the website is correct, Pabloco seems to be quoting the old numbers & Latam have no idea what they are doing!

Good luck!

checkerboard Mar 8, 18 7:54 am


Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate (Post 29498343)
The entire program has just been changed & it seems that the only constant is that the earning of 'Elite Points' as they are now known, still varies by country, depending on where you are registered.

So if one could choose - from this point of view, in which country is it most beneficial to be registered?

broland Mar 11, 18 1:35 pm


Originally Posted by rollthere (Post 29497656)
Thanks for the info Pablo. Where did you get that by the way?

On the Brazilian site, search for LATAM Fidelidade dropdown menu and click on "acumule pontos em voos".
https://www.latam.com/pt_br/latam-fi...internacional/

FairDinkumMate Mar 12, 18 12:20 pm


Originally Posted by checkerboard (Post 29499779)
So if one could choose - from this point of view, in which country is it most beneficial to be registered?

Columbia is by far the best, but you must provide proof of residency to register there(unless you get lucky!)

MfromL Mar 13, 18 12:10 am

Columbia:

https://s18.postimg.cc/jwp5gvtat/image.jpg

Colombia:

https://s18.postimg.cc/vlt54sf3p/image.jpg

And I agree, Columbia is the best brand, the North Face is overrated, but the residency prerequisite is too much for a brand of clothes...

stevenhkapt Apr 15, 18 4:03 pm

Elite Dollars Suck with Latam Status
 
Can thread contributors here confirm this - Latam requires elite qualifying dollars to get elite status with them (only opt out is the segments count with LATAM only flights) AND the bigger issue is that Latam gives ZERO credit for oneworld partner dollars. All the dollar spend MUST be with Latam, correct?! This is more punitive than US Airlines and their MQD requirements.

***Clarification*** some countries require EQD while others (like Colombia) do not. But still curious about confirming that EQD only applies on Latam flights, not on oneworlds, right?

FairDinkumMate Apr 16, 18 10:53 am


Originally Posted by stevenhkapt (Post 29643677)
***Clarification*** some countries require EQD while others (like Colombia) do not. But still curious about confirming that EQD only applies on Latam flights, not on oneworlds, right?

According their US website:
"Elite Dollars
This is the amount used to purchase tickets with LATAM and oneworld airlines, which does not include boarding fees, taxes or additional charges."
https://www.latam.com/en_us/latam-fi...es/categories/

So apparently not.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:17 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.