Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Booking Classes Eligibible for Courtesy Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Booking Classes Eligibible for Courtesy Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
This is exactly the point. Unless he is stopping in AKL, then a full J cabin from AKL-SYD could mean he gets denied the SCL-AKL upgrade, even if seats are available on that leg.
Sorry you are totally right.... I was thinking that he was just flying to AKL so that i why i post thinking just in the SCL AKL fly (this is why i didnt care about AKL SYD)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by 747jetter
The real problem here is I fly SCL-AKL-ICN on one booking and the second leg to Korea is op by Korean.
That's no problem at all. Latam will look only at THEIR leg(s), so in your case, if there are empty seats in J for the SCL-AKL leg, you're on the list.

Now, you just need to make sure you check-in the second it opens & hope there aren't any Black Signatures to bump you if seats are available!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:05 am

Upgrade on award tickets

Is it still possible to upgrade award tickets with coupons (when line check in opens). If so, is this also the case when booking with a partner (let's say using AA miles to book Latam and than upgrade with coupons)

Anybody any knowledge on this?

​​​​​
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Is it still possible to upgrade award tickets with coupons (when line check in opens). If so, is this also the case when booking with a partner (let's say using AA miles to book Latam and than upgrade with coupons)

Anybody any knowledge on this?

​​​​​
The only way you can ask for an upgrade with coupons, is through the awards tickets redeemed on LATAM's website. You should know as well that "LATAM's upgrade coupons" are given just to LATAM Elite members, so elite pax from another OW airlines cannot.

Last edited by Thack; Mar 5, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Thack
The only way you can ask for an upgrade with coupons, is through the awards tickets redeemed on LATAM's website. You should know as well that "LATAM's upgrade coupons" are given just to LATAM Elite members, so elite pax from another OW airlines cannot.
That's the info I needed, thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Originally Posted by Thack
The only way you can ask for an upgrade with coupons, is through the awards tickets redeemed on LATAM's website.
Do you know why this happens? I'm just speculating...
  • are the tickets redeemed by LATAM/Multiplus in a different fare bucket than the ones redeemed through any other OW partner so easy to be identified and easy to block upgrade coupon usage?
  • is it because the Frequent Flier Number on such reservation is not going to be from a LATAM member hence not possible to associate that ticket to the account that holds the upgrade coupons?
  • combination of both?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ticket stock.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Ticket stock.
But ticket stock has never been a limitation to request upgrades. Unless you are saying that for bookings made in T class there would be a restriction. On the other hand I could imagine LATAM restricting upgrades to their redemption fare basis' only.. just as they do with revenue tickets. Haven't tried, but more than curious to know the results, since sometimes using AA miles is more efficient than LATAM's.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I don't actually know if/how they do it, but it's common practice that in order to use upgrade coupons/bonus miles, the ticket must be issued by the airline that issued the voucher/miles.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
With the current tariff system (Ie Basic, Promo, Light, Plus or Top), does anybody then know whether Light tickets can be upgraded with coupons? Or is it only Plus and Top?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:23 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
With the current tariff system (Ie Basic, Promo, Light, Plus or Top), does anybody then know whether Light tickets can be upgraded with coupons? Or is it only Plus and Top?
It is only for PLUS and TOP.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
Thanks - don't know how I missed that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.