Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Booking Classes Eligibible for Courtesy Upgrade

LATAM Booking Classes Eligibible for Courtesy Upgrade

Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hi folks

above I read you can upgrade only from fares Access, Control and Flex. I am in process of positioning from SCL to anywhere in Asia desperately want to fly SCL-AKL/SYD (yes it is so cool for an European). The question is - Plus is upgradeable thanks to my Black status? Cant read much and somehow can't log in to my profile on Latam (anyway I use the ffp only to get me to FC lounges..).

Thanks for sharing if anybody knows.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: LATAM Pass Black
Yes, plus fare is elegible for upgrades.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Thack
Yes, plus fare is elegible for upgrades.
Thanks, booked! Now let's hope for empty cabin to AKL in June
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Thanks, booked! Now let's hope for empty cabin to AKL in June
Sorry to say this, but this is one of the worse routes for an upgrade. SCL AKL has an amazing load factor in business. You can find on expertflyer a lot of days where all the seats are sold and if they have some is never a lot of them.

Besides even if you find a day with a lot of seats, this can be just because seats are not taken so far, since this route is also sell as codeshare. Not all of the codeshare seat are given, in Qantas as an example you can not choose your seat for a Latam fly, you have to call Qantas.... So many people just wait for the last moment in the airport or do it in the last 48 hours
​​​​​
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:37 am

I got it, I will be perfectly happy with what I pay for but I can always hope for the best Let's see, I sure will make report in June after the flight!
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just remember, you have to check in the SECOND online checkin opens, otherwise theres no way youll get that upgrade. Good luck.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:10 am

Yep, I will make sure to do that. Just a shame my flights starts at SCL, maybe if I have had connection before I would be able to check in earlier even for SCL-AKL...
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
Yep, I will make sure to do that. Just a shame my flights starts at SCL, maybe if I have had connection before I would be able to check in earlier even for SCL-AKL...
Hope you have Black Signature or Black... If not, better go get some fly pillows and pay for extra room seat
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:24 am

Yes, I have Black. I was upgraded on FRA-MAD-SCL-MAD flights so since this experience I thought this is smooth as silk on other flights too as I think SCL-MAD is the busiest route with the highest demand.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
You have to be careful when booking this route. The rules state that the upgrade is only applied if it is available for ALL legs of the flight. This means that, in theory, there could be 10 empty business seats from SCL-AKL, with none from AKL-SYD & they can deny your SCL-AKL upgrade!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
You have to be careful when booking this route. The rules state that the upgrade is only applied if it is available for ALL legs of the flight. This means that, in theory, there could be 10 empty business seats from SCL-AKL, with none from AKL-SYD & they can deny your SCL-AKL upgrade!
It does not work like this. What this rule apply is that you have to have all the segments that you are flying open for an upgrade.

I have fly on upgrades from FRA to MAD and the same fly from MAD to SCL is sold full in J. If i have ask for a FRA SCL upgrade i will be deniend

This rule is use in this example if you fly the LA600 SCL-LIM-LAX all the way, and all J is sold from SCL to LIM you can not get an upgrade from LIM to LAX even if J is empty
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
It does not work like this. What this rule apply is that you have to have all the segments that you are flying open for an upgrade.

I have fly on upgrades from FRA to MAD and the same fly from MAD to SCL is sold full in J. If i have ask for a FRA SCL upgrade i will be deniend

This rule is use in this example if you fly the LA600 SCL-LIM-LAX all the way, and all J is sold from SCL to LIM you can not get an upgrade from LIM to LAX even if J is empty
I don't know what you're trying to say PABLOCO. Firstly you say "It does not work like this...", but then you give the exact same example of FRA-MAD-SCL???

This trip is the samtype of trip. It is SCL-AKL-SYD & is LA801 the whole way.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by FairDinkumMate
I don't know what you're trying to say PABLOCO. Firstly you say "It does not work like this...", but then you give the exact same example of FRA-MAD-SCL???

This trip is the samtype of trip. It is SCL-AKL-SYD & is LA801 the whole way.
I got a ticket from FRA to MAD. That fly fron FRA to MAD had like 4 open J so i got upgrade.

I stop on Madrid for a few days, so my ticket was just FRA MAD. But that fly continues tu SCL, and on that fly, that day, all the MAD SCL J seats where sold....... Even with this, since i was jjst flying to Madrid i got the upgrade no problem.

If i had fly FRA MAD SCL i will not been able even to get the upgrade from FRA to MAD
​​
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
I got a ticket from FRA to MAD. That fly fron FRA to MAD had like 4 open J so i got upgrade.

I stop on Madrid for a few days, so my ticket was just FRA MAD. But that fly continues tu SCL, and on that fly, that day, all the MAD SCL J seats where sold....... Even with this, since i was jjst flying to Madrid i got the upgrade no problem.

If i had fly FRA MAD SCL i will not been able even to get the upgrade from FRA to MAD
​​
This is exactly the point. Unless he is stopping in AKL, then a full J cabin from AKL-SYD could mean he gets denied the SCL-AKL upgrade, even if seats are available on that leg.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:23 am

The real problem here is I fly SCL-AKL-ICN on one booking and the second leg to Korea is op by Korean.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.