Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Aircraft change: my seat no longer exists and cabin is full

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver

I have a flight in a few days, booked in C with BA avios. I selected my seat when booking a couple of months ago. I checked my reservation today and I see that the aircraft was swapped by one with a smaller C cabin, my seat no longer exists and no other seats are available (and ExpertFlyer shows J0 C0 Z0 for this flight). I called reservations and they say that they see the same as I do but there's nothing they can do, which sounds ridiculous. Do you have any advice? This is the only flight with premium business for this route (SCL-EZE) on the day. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, you didn't say explicitly, so you have no reserved seat (ie, they didn't just assign you some other seat), and reservations confirms that?

Are all the other seats occupied, or are the seat buckets "frozen at 0" intentionally to allow time to clear this up? I don't know about LATAM, but it's not unusually for some other airlines to zero out buckets after a plane change until everything has been sorted out. It doesn't in those cases necessarily mean that there are no seats left, it just means that no seats can be sold yet because they're still figuring out which seats have to be reassigned.

So it's not clear to me whether you're "the last in line", or if that's just an illusion that everyone in business on the flight would see today.

(And if the situation is expected to be resolved for most people automatically, then there might indeed be nothing that staff can do manually in the meantime.)

I suggest at the very least that you keep checking at least once a day if not twice a day to see if anything's changed (what EF shows and what LATAM shows).

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 4, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
What you call C? And what are your traveling dates
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
I have a flight in a few days, booked in C with BA avios. I selected my seat when booking a couple of months ago. I checked my reservation today and I see that the aircraft was swapped by one with a smaller C cabin, my seat no longer exists and no other seats are available (and ExpertFlyer shows J0 C0 Z0 for this flight). I called reservations and they say that they see the same as I do but there's nothing they can do, which sounds ridiculous. Do you have any advice? This is the only flight with premium business for this route (SCL-EZE) on the day. Thanks in advance!
Probably this flight, usually operated by a 788 or 789. It is 3 row 763. Since it isn't that long of a flight, and since the snack service would be the same (albeit in a euro-style business cabin, without any PDB, but still with lounge access), see if they'll put you in Premium Economy on one of the other flights that day. Otherwise, you're screwed. The one time this happened to me (some time ago, on an EZE/LIM), we did get a substantial $ downgrade check. (The processing follow-up was a joke, but eventually it came through.)

LA 0445J 07FEB SCL/EZE
EQUIPMENT: 763

01N . . . . . .
02N . . . . . .
03N . . . . . .
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Update: I checked in the second OLCI became available and the system gave us new seats in the J cabin. So all is good in the end. Thanks for the replies,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.