Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

One-Way award on AA with LATAM Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

Folks

I'm trying to redeem 4 one-way award tickets on AA metal, and the rules according to LATAM are as follows:

9.1.11 Air ticket awards shall be issued in the form of return tickets. No awards are redeemable for one way tickets. Members shall not be allowed to board the return leg of the flight if he/she has not flown on the outbound leg of the flight. If the Member uses the Award only on the outbound leg, he/she will not be refunded the balance of LATAM Pass Miles for the unused return leg.

9.1.12 Awards with flights operated by LATAM Airlines and one or more oneworldŽ Airlines or awards that have flights operated by one or more oneworldŽ Airlines may be issued without any restrictions. However, for Associated Airlines, only LATAM Airlines flights may be combined with one of such Associated Airlines.

To my understanding, LATAM awards are always required to be redeemed RT, but to the next paragraph, when it's operated by OW Airlines, there are no restrictions whatsoever.

Any prior experiences here?

Best,
Bonzoled
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
LATAM Fidelidade in Brazil has no return ticket policy for JJ/LA flights. You can redeem one way.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by broland
LATAM Fidelidade in Brazil has no return ticket policy for JJ/LA flights. You can redeem one way.
I'm in Chile though, and have status on LATAM Pass.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BonzoLed
I'm in Chile though, and have status on LATAM Pass.
LATAM Pass has not updated the terms of the program yet? Have they given customers and idea of the changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.