Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Brasil - Base Fare - Upgrade or No Upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum

Hello everyone,

I am looking for any recent experiences trying to apply for a courtesy upgrade with LATAM Brasil (Black member), as having spoken with LATAM, I am getting nowhere and am receiving contradictory information.

This page suggests you are only eligible for a courtesy upgrade if booking Access and above

This page, which is accessible from the upgrade request page, says that for LATAM Brasil and LATAM Paraguay there is no minimum fare.

I have spoken by telephone with LATAM Brasil, who say that there are no restrictions, and that base would be eligible, Prior to this I spoke to LATAM Chile who told me Access and above only on all LATAM flights.

So I think, as if so often the case, perhaps flyertalk is a better place to find out what the actual status is - does anyone have any recent experience trying to upgrade a base fare for a JJ flight - or any knowledge on what the rule actually is?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
If you are a Black member of Latam Pass or Latam Fidelidade, you can request an upgrade on a JJ flight paid on any fare (including Base) if you fly till February 28th, 2018. From March, 1st on, only Access and Control fares will be eligible on JJ flights, equalizing JJ to LA, LP, 4M etc.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by AlexMC
If you are a Black member of Latam Pass or Latam Fidelidade, you can request an upgrade on a JJ flight paid on any fare (including Base) if you fly till February 28th, 2018. From March, 1st on, only Access and Control fares will be eligible on JJ flights, equalizing JJ to LA, LP, 4M etc.
Thanks for the reply!

Perfect, the flights I plan to book are in Jan/Feb. Is this change publicised anywhere official?

I noticed on the Brasilian version of the site for Fidelidade it does say Base until the end of February, but I was worried maybe this was only applicable to members of the Fidelidade programme, and my account is Latam Pass.

But when you try and get any official information, everything is very contradictory. The guy in Brasil didn't mention anything about the change after February and spoke as if nothing was/had changed, whereas LATAM Chile told me there was no change of policy because Base fares had never been eligible...

Hopefully with the combination of programmes things like this will be a thing of the past.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by jackr27
Thanks for the reply!

Perfect, the flights I plan to book are in Jan/Feb. Is this change publicised anywhere official?
Well, it is official from Latam Fidelidade website. In an older version of Tam website they used to have the information that Lan Pass Comodoros at that time were entitled to request an upgrade on any JJ fare. I'm pretty sure this is still valid now up until February, 28th.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
AlexMC is right. Just check your flight #. If it's JJ, you can upgrade on any fare, if it's LA, you need access or better.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:41 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Perfect, thanks everyone for your help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.