Standing By For Earlier JJ Domestic Flight

Old Dec 15, 17, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Dirt BA Gold SPG GLD HH GLD
Standing By For Earlier JJ Domestic Flight

Does anyone have any experience on standing by for an earlier flight (as a OWE)? I currently have a 9+ hour layover at GRU that I would like to reduce considerably.
Old Dec 15, 17, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull View Post
Does anyone have any experience on standing by for an earlier flight (as a OWE)? I currently have a 9+ hour layover at GRU that I would like to reduce considerably.
I am LATAM Black (OWE) and so far I've had no problems changing to a flight earlier than my scheduled one (including GRU). Usually it works very well, unless the flight it totally overbooked. Few friends of mine (AA EXP level) managed to get those changes done, free of charge, on domestic flights in Chile.
Old Dec 19, 17, 4:15 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
You are definitely allowed to do it with JJ even if you had no status at all. In fact they even have a tool for it in their website (you must have checked-in your original flight before) but coming from an international connection, I would do it directly at check in at GRU. When you reach the landside on arrivals, turn to your left and you will find Latam check-in for re dispatch of luggage for domestic flights. If the line is too long (even for status members), you can always take a bet and walk to GRU T2 and use the domestic flights check-in there. be prepared for a 10 minutes walk.

Domestic check-ins at GRU shall be done no later than 40 minutes before the scheduled departure of your new flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: