Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

IAD-LIM flights after February disappeared

IAD-LIM flights after February disappeared

Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Yeah that's a good point. I guess the 757 flights out of MIA and DFW on AA that have crappy seats and the late departure time from Dulles direct to Lima was more convenient for us.

I'm just hoping they actually notify AA of the cancel earlier enough to work out a good alternative. Thanks for the guidance on seats from other cities.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by carlosdca
JFK/MIA/LAX - LIM are always lie flat.

The only one with no lie-flat is the MCO-LIM flight on a A319.
That's not "many", as you say.
Which ones were you thinking?
The above refers to LAN/LATAM, just to clarify.

AA is another story.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, all AA 757s have been refurbished with flat bed seats (similar to its A321T J seats). There are no more AA birds capable of flying to LIM that have angled flat or domestic F seats.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
As of today, the flight appears to be automatically rebooked for IAD-MIA, MIA-LIM, without me even calling. The departure changed 4 hours (late 7pm from 11 pm originally, with a 4 or 5 hour layover in MIA to a LA operated flight to LIM).

Also, LATAM's confirmation comes from Twitter....

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheForwar...98233037524998

I called t and the agent didn't know that the LA flight was cancelled, as she saw it being there, but completely full. I asked her if there were any chances of being bumped to a later IAD MIA flight, but she said that was the last one. Also asked if IAD and DCA were considered co-terminals, as this was an involuntary change and maybe there was a chance of catching a later DCA-MIA flight, she said no, no way. If someone has better luck, please let me know.

Last edited by MfromL; Jan 16, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I am pleased to report that after a few days of back and forth, all four of my family's J class award tickets (three issued by CX, one by AA) have been rebooked onto JFK-LIM in J. Initially, I (on an AA ticket) was rebooked IAD-MIA-LIM in J. My parents (on CX tickets) were rebooked on a different IAD-MIA-LIM in Y, while my sister (on a separate CX ticket) was not rebooked at all.

To clean this all up, my first step was to call LA to see if they would proactively note the PNRs, with the reasoning that the notes might help my case when working with CX. I used the fact that my parents were downgraded as "leverage" to get LA to note their PNR. I asked the agent to write a note along the lines of, "passengers originally booked in J, please reaccommodate in J and on JFK-LIM nonstop." Once that was done, I asked the agent to note the other two PNRs as well. I'm unsure if I lucked out with a friendly, helpful LA agent who was willing to note all three PNRs as requested, or if asking LA agents to note PNRs in the aftermath of schedule changes on partner-issued tickets is a common practice.

With both CX PNRs noted, I called CX and immediately escalated to a supervisor, who, after some back and forth, was able to see the notes in the PNR. I repeated my preferred flight to the supervisor, he said he would "work with [LA] to look into protection options," and asked for my callback number. Less than 24 hours later, the desired JFK-LIM flight showed up in both PNRs online, and the same supervisor called me back a few hours later to complete the reissue.

I finally called AA to deal with my PNR, and asked the agent to request the same flight through their liaison, pointing out the notes in the PNR and the fact that the rest of my family had been rebooked onto that flight. This one took a bit longer than CX (to my surprise), but everything has all been reissued and cleaned up now.

Last edited by dkc192; Jan 23, 2018 at 1:02 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Back in 2011 I had LAN booked on JFK-YYZ-JFK and they cancelled the route. I ended up going from a LA 767 to an AA CR7.

This Christmas I had BOG-MIA booked on a 787 in J with avios. They cancelled the route. I ended up having to buy Jetblue coach out of pocket.

Then this April I had LIM-IAD booked in J. They cancelled the route.

I really hate this airline.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
An update on the LIM-SFO, LA has put those plans on hold for the near future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.