Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade priority

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade priority

I wonder why #4 came above others, given a later time stamp?

companion of #3 with stickers?

i was #10 , and they upgraded ten people. I was pulled down to 11 after #4 appeared a few minutes before departure.

Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Latam had been with a lot of problems with the upgrade system. If is a Lan to Tam fly is worse.

2 weeks ago on a SCL GRU (Lan) conected with a GRU MCO (Tam), on the Lan fly i was able to ask for the upgrade but then i was not able to check the list (when i hit the list it says that i was not asking for any upgrades). Then on the Tam fly i was not able to ask for upgrades on the sites (try on Chile, Brasil and Us site), had to call the CC and toke about 12 hours to get the upgrade.

Also on Tam on 2 flys i have seen a couple of people have check in about 8 hours before the fly was open. Even on the MIA GRU where the check in can only be done 24 hours in avance by regulation.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by dbasulto
I wonder why #4 came above others, given a later time stamp?companion of #3 with stickers?
This is a very good question ! I've seen similar cases in the past and I was also wondering what's going on.

I also had quite bizarre upgrade experience not too long ago. I am wondering if anyone can shed a light ... I checked-in to my upcoming flight in T-48h, and immediately applied for an upgrade. In few minutes I checked the upgrade list and I was quite surprised to see my upgrade status as "Confirmed". Wow, what a nice surprise ! The only thing is that I have not received any e-mail confirmation, but I didn't pay much attention to that (big mistake, I guess..). What happened later - when I arrived at the airport, I was told at the check-in desk that I am not upgraded .. How is that possible ? I opened LATAM app on my phone and the app was indeed still showing "Confirmado" in front of my name (see the image below). Besides, we were only two people in the list - myself Black and a Patinum member. I showed the phone's screen to LATAM staff, but they were insisting that they cannot do anything - business class cabin is full. They were very kind and even showed me their screen which indeed showed no available seats. What a bummer. They profoundly apologized but couldn't do anything.

I didn't escalate the situation and just let it go. Really, not worth the fight since the staff was truly unaware of what's going on. Enjoyed my LATAM flight anyway, but I am still wondering how is that possible to have "Confirmed" upgraded status without actual seats availability. This is the first time when it happened to me.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:43 am
Tic

Programs: LATAM Pass
Originally Posted by Carolinas
This is a very good question ! I've seen similar cases in the past and I was also wondering what's going on.

I also had quite bizarre upgrade experience not too long ago. I am wondering if anyone can shed a light ... I checked-in to my upcoming flight in T-48h, and immediately applied for an upgrade. In few minutes I checked the upgrade list and I was quite surprised to see my upgrade status as "Confirmed". Wow, what a nice surprise ! The only thing is that I have not received any e-mail confirmation, but I didn't pay much attention to that (big mistake, I guess..). What happened later - when I arrived at the airport, I was told at the check-in desk that I am not upgraded .. How is that possible ? I opened LATAM app on my phone and the app was indeed still showing "Confirmado" in front of my name (see the image below). Besides, we were only two people in the list - myself Black and a Patinum member. I showed the phone's screen to LATAM staff, but they were insisting that they cannot do anything - business class cabin is full. They were very kind and even showed me their screen which indeed showed no available seats. What a bummer. They profoundly apologized but couldn't do anything.

I didn't escalate the situation and just let it go. Really, not worth the fight since the staff was truly unaware of what's going on. Enjoyed my LATAM flight anyway, but I am still wondering how is that possible to have "Confirmed" upgraded status without actual seats availability. This is the first time when it happened to me.
Carolinas, I had identical sitation in GRU airport. I was already confirmed after check-in but at the gate desk I was informed that business class cabin is full and there are no upgrades available. They told me that this was error in LATAM software and they apologized.

Many times happens that the page with a list is not working, or there is no confirmation at all but you receive the upgrade anyway at the gate. Their system is full of errors and bugs and I have no idea how much time need to fix all of that...
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Also on Tam on 2 flys i have seen a couple of people have check in about 8 hours before the fly was open. Even on the MIA GRU where the check in can only be done 24 hours in avance by regulation.
Tam has 72 hour advance checkin, Lan only 48. I often fly SYD-GRU and can checkin for the SCL-GRU leg before the SYD-SCl one!

I think the MIA-GRU they have "pre-checkin" at 72 hours which means checkin for upgrade purposes but not for US regulations.

When you are on ANY itinerary mixing Lan & Tam, the trick is to call the call centre 72 hours before your TAM flight. They'll check you in for the Tam flight & add you to the upgrade list & if you can charm your way, they'll often check you in to the Lan flight & add you to that upgrade list as well(even though checkin for the Lan flight isn't officially open!). I've had this happen about 70% of the time recently. I think the Latam staff are just as over having two separate booking systems as us passengers are...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.