Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

which lounge in Miami-LATAM or AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

I will be flying in J from MIA to SCL on AA award tickets in February. I will arrive at MIA from AA flights. During the layover at Miami, which is the better lounge, the AA one or the LATAM one? I will also return from SCL to MIA in J connecting on to AA flights. and am wondering about an arrival lounge. Does LATAM have one at MIA?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by susiesan
I will be flying in J from MIA to SCL on AA award tickets in February. I will arrive at MIA from AA flights. During the layover at Miami, which is the better lounge, the AA one or the LATAM one? I will also return from SCL to MIA in J connecting on to AA flights. and am wondering about an arrival lounge. Does LATAM have one at MIA?
Use the lounge in your departure terminal - the LA and AA gates are not connected airside. For an arrival lounge, just go through arrival formalities and use the AA lounge for your shower, etc.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
LATAM lounge is bad as never before...
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
The LATAM lounge in concourse J is a contractor lounge which they share with several other airlines and it tends to be quite crowded for the LA evening departure. Catering is nothing to write home about either.

As MIA is a major hub for them, AA has a couple of lounges there, but, as mentioned before, these are located at the opposite side of the terminal and unless you are fond of long walks and enjoy double TSA screenings (not sure, if they would even let you through with a LA boarding pass), they are not really an option when flying on LA. While poorish in terms of their culinary offer (love their soda machines though, where you can do the weirdest mixes), these lounges are modern and feel quite spacious.

Allegedly, AA have just opened a new flagship lounge in MIA which I hope to experience tomorrow, when I am transiting en route to SDQ
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There's also the BA/IB etc. lounge (don't recall the name) in the E gates that isn't bad, and is easily accessible from D. They have a decent complimentary bubbles offering, but the F&B was not spectacular on my one visit.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How long is your layover? If you have enough time, my suggestion would be to hit up the AA FL on arrival for a nice (by J class lounge standards in the US, at least) dinner, and then head over to concourse J at about T-80 or 90. If you have time between reclearing security and boarding, you can stop by the LA contract lounge for a bit.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
How long is your layover? If you have enough time, my suggestion would be to hit up the AA FL on arrival for a nice (by J class lounge standards in the US, at least) dinner, and then head over to concourse J at about T-80 or 90. If you have time between reclearing security and boarding, you can stop by the LA contract lounge for a bit.
Our layover outbound is 3 hours, from 6:15pm to9:30 pm, dinnertime. We will arrive MIA from a DFW flight so I don't know what terminal we will come in to. I should have access to the new FL lounge but not the dining as we are in J not F on the LAN flight. I think I'll start in the FL lounge then walk over to the departure terminal for the LAN flight to SCL as you suggest.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by susiesan
Our layover outbound is 3 hours, from 6:15pm to9:30 pm, dinnertime. We will arrive MIA from a DFW flight so I don't know what terminal we will come in to. I should have access to the new FL lounge but not the dining as we are in J not F on the LAN flight. I think I'll start in the FL lounge then walk over to the departure terminal for the LAN flight to SCL as you suggest.
Plan one hour at least to transfer between D-E terminals and the international terminal. Walking can be, what, 20 minutes? TSA and walking to the gate might make it another 20.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Talking yikes, that's a long walk ; )

Originally Posted by MfromL
Plan one hour at least to transfer between D-E terminals and the international terminal. Walking can be, what, 20 minutes? TSA and walking to the gate might make it another 20.
Yikes, that's a hike. This has got to be one of the longest walks for a transfer from one terminal to another. Good thing we have 3 hours.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:41 pm

There are automatic movers or however they are called in the arrivals level (which usually feels longer...) or your can connect via the ticketing level too, but people moving, lines, etc. It might be a bit under 20, but I am thinking that you might have at least one carry on, and not willing to run. If you do, you can probably do it in a little bit more than five minutes.

edit: happy horizontal people transporters.

Last edited by MfromL; Dec 14, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
We just flew out of Mia like 6 days before the new AA lounge was open, so i was not able to visit it. But i did visit the old AA lounge and i didnt like it ... well i hate all the old AA lounges since you where only able to get chesse and some cookies as a snack and i hate the drink vouchers or coupons.

I dont like the Latam lounge on Miami since gets really crowded and the people is really noisy (lots of kids). But i will take it before the old AA lounge
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:26 pm

don't forget about the hummus and the pita chips... that hardly compares to the Santiago AC's sushi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.