Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Canceling flights from complex itinerary

Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond

I have a full-flex economy booking (LA class Y) with four segments - which was cheaper than just the first three segments (which I really want to fly, I don't really care about the fourth flight).

The agent on the phone told me that I could cancel any "unused" flights at any time, including after I've flown (actually, even after missing a flight).
I would then receive a full refund for the canceled flights.

However, it wasn't quite clear to me how that would work:
Say I cancel only the fourth flight.
Would they calculate the cost of that flight (as a oneway) and refund that cost?
Or would they rather reprice my booking - which would mean I would have to pay extra?

Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
As far as I recall they calculate the difference between what you paid and the cost of the unused segment as if you bought a separate oneway.

If the net difference is greater than zero, you are going to get that money back. Otherwise, nothing further is done.

I strongly recommend you to try this once you have flown all your segments you want to fly.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
They will reprice your booking, which would mean you would have to pay extra.

It's the same as if you booked a return flight & only flew one way. When you call to cancel the return leg, your ticket will be repriced as a one way & then the refund(none usually!) calculated.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thought so...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.