Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Cheapest LATAM mileage run from SEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest LATAM mileage run from SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Smile Cheapest LATAM mileage run from SEA?

My LATAM miles are set to expire on 1/1/2019 so I'm thinking about doing a mileage run on LATAM metal to save them from expiration. What would be the simplest and cheapest option for me?

Cheapest I could find is MIA-BOG-MIA for $460 and I can combine it with sometimes available award flights direct flight from SEA to FLL on AS or MIA on AA (+25K) and plus can spend some time in both MIA and BOG. This could be a mini-vacation

Second option would be LAX-LIM-LAX for $650. Plentiful award availability SEA to LAX (+15K) but Lima seems to be a less interesting place than Bogota.

Another option is YVR-MEX-LIM (o/w, return via award flights +20K) for $400 but only second leg will be on LP so not sure that it will count?

Last option is MEX-LIM-MEX for $523 plus 30K-35K of miles for positioning flights. Also could be a mini-vacation but less interesting than MIA/BOG.

What do you think? Maybe you can suggest a better itinerary? Would greatly appreciate your comments!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being based at LAX, I keep my miles from expiring by flying business class award trips to South America once every 3 years, and then booking paid side trips (on local LATAM flights which are typically economy only). One year: Flew side trip to Salta from Iguazu and then back to Buenos Aires. Another year: Flew side trip to Bariloche (Lake District) and then back to Buenos Aires. Next year: Flying to Cusco (then taking train to/from Machu Pichu) and then back to Lima.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
I have stayed for a few days in all the major Latam Hubs (Scl, Gru, Bue, Lim and Bog) for me the best to stay for a couple of days for a mile run is Lima, since you will be able to eat some of the best food in the World.

If you ask me i will take the LAX LIM fly since it will give me twice of miles than a MIA BOG. And i will also pay for the SEA LAX fly since you can find some deals for about 100usd (that is spending 0.0067 usd for each mile it will take you to get there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.