Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Chile through-checking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

LATAM Chile through-checking

Hi,

I have an upcoming flight from a domestic Chile airport AAA-SCL-LIM. I booked an overnight layover in SCL about 24.5 hrs long.

1) Will LATAM through-check my bag from the origin?
2) If not, can I check my bag in at SCL at T-24 (the day before the flight)?
3) Any experience with the security of checked bags through SCL during long layovers?

AAA-SCL is in Y, SCL-LIM is in J, if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
2. I'm going to go ahead and risk an assesment: no. Just from a security standpoint: it does not sound logicall. Most airports won't check in luggage for flights that are too far away in the future to prevent terrorism and a myriad of other criminal activities (drugs, contraband of animals, etc.), and because a flight might suffer delays or cancellations. Airports luggage transportation and distribution systems are dynamic and the spaces used to store the bags change according to the flights that are served at a given point. A bag container will be used numerous times before they are asigned to a given flight, and there are just so many of them available. That is why some airports have long term bag storage services.

Thus: 1. probably they won't

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.