new latam pass questions

Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS
new latam pass questions

Hello everyone! I'm new to the frequent fliers club, currently live in the Galapagos Islands so flying is now important. I recently have done several trips with LAN and accumulated some 7k and I now have some flights to and within north America with American airlines.. I've been reading that I can claim those miles to my Latam pass account.. but I wondered what was the conversion rate and how you Claim them (call centre before travelling or after). Is it better to pool them all within one program instead of the AA program and the LAN one ? I appreciate all the possible insight! thanks
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Hi Michael, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

In general, I think most of us agree that it's best to centralize your miles/kilometers/points in one program unless you are a serious road warrior, and then you can chase status on multiple airlines. I live in SCL, but I mainly bank my flights with AA since I go to more places than LATAM flies, and also like the elite status with AA more than with LATAM (although you'll note I'm also LATAM Black, but I did that strictly for Oneworld airport services in the US on domestic flights).

When you make your booking, you can choose to register your AA (or any LATAM airline partner) frequent flyer number on your reservation, and then it should appear automatically on your boarding pass when you check in. You can see how you earn AA miles when flying with LATAM here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp. It can sometimes take LATAM flights a week or so to post to your AA account.

Buen viaje!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS
thanks for the answer, ok so I will be pooling them for sure. What if I've already got the bookings ? I guess I'll call the contact centre since I can't find an answer on the web page!

Muchas gracias!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Michael Tanner
thanks for the answer, ok so I will be pooling them for sure. What if I've already got the bookings ? I guess I'll call the contact centre since I can't find an answer on the web page!

Muchas gracias!
If you can't access your booking online you do need to call to change it. You can also change it at check-in.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
One of the best ways I have found to credit my LATAM flights to, surprisingly, is Alaska Airlines. If you plan on flying enough, I would consider opening an account with Alaska. I believe all economy LATAM tickets earn 100% flown miles with them. You would only receive a fraction of this through American's and LATAM's revenue based programs.

good luck !
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
One of the best ways I have found to credit my LATAM flights to, surprisingly, is Alaska Airlines. If you plan on flying enough, I would consider opening an account with Alaska. I believe all economy LATAM tickets earn 100% flown miles with them. You would only receive a fraction of this through American's and LATAM's revenue based programs.

good luck !
Great suggestion! Alaska has a great program, and for RDMs in the US it's the best option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.