LATAM Status Match 2017

Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, MfromL. I guess even if you get through all the rigmarole, you might still get nothing.

I did FINALLY have some success messaging on Facebook, and I've submitted the usual paperwork. Oddly, they didn't ask me for any documentation of my LATAM flights. I send them anyway. We'll see what happens. I'm heading to Asia soon on JAL and would have loved some lounge access (no plausible Priority Pass lounge at NRT), but I'm guessing that even if I'm ultimately successful, it won't be in time for this trip. I'd still get a lot of future benefit out of a status match, though. Fingers crossed, but not expecting much from LATAM.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I status mached a friend in august got confirmation in january
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
After almost 5 weeks of waiting, I was granted Black !!!!

i was just flying through HKG and it would have been nice to access the F lounges instead. Oh well

good thru March 2019
what did u match from i am Ey plat hoping for black too
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:32 pm

I have just received an e-mail with an answer, after waiting 40 days for it. (yep).
They refuse to "status match" me.
But I noticed that they wrote the name of another person.

I'm currently AA Exec Platinum till next year.
I'm also Latam Fidelidade Black till this month.

Do you think they have messed up the e-mails?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by aussielori

what did u match from i am Ey plat hoping for black too
alaska gold 75k
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina
I have just received an e-mail with an answer, after waiting 40 days for it. (yep).

what was the denial reason? Did you have a LATAM flight in the last year?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:47 pm

what was the denial reason? Did you have a LATAM flight in the last year?
No reason given.

This was the e-mail I got. Pretty Control-C + Control V lol.

"We regret to inform you that our LATAM Pass committee was unable to accept your status match request.

However, we hope you continue interested in our services and we invite you to review how you can become an elite member at https://www.latam.com/en_un/latam-pa...-elite-member/

Please keep in mind that this is not an obligatory benefit, and will not always be granted by the corresponding department.

Thank you for understanding."

Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:49 pm

No reason given.

This was the e-mail I got. Pretty Control-C + Control V lol.

"We regret to inform you that our LATAM Pass committee was unable to accept your status match request.

However, we hope you continue interested in our services and we invite you to review how you can become an elite member at https://www.latam.com/en_un/latam-pa...-elite-member/

Please keep in mind that this is not an obligatory benefit, and will not always be granted by the corresponding department.

Thank you for understanding."

spouse is also MVP Gold 75K with AS and he only got matched to LATAM Gold. How stupid. I spent a lot of time tweeting them bugging them (mine also took a month +). Maybe try tweeting them asking for a reason? Good luck.

Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:57 pm

It seems this status match is super hit or miss. My
spouse is also MVP Gold 75K with AS and he only got matched to LATAM Gold. How stupid. I spent a lot of time tweeting them bugging them (mine also took a month +). Maybe try tweeting them asking for a reason? Good luck.

I already did this, and the answer was:

We're sorry for the mistake with your name, but actually your request was rejected. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We'll attentive to an further questions .Kind regards.

So this, for me, just goes to show how awful Latam is. But I am stuck with this .... airline company because they offer pretty much 5 daily flights to São Paulo. Azul offers 3 daily to VCP. That's it. It's a pitty my city doesn't have Gol flights because I would gladly fly with them instead ( I even managed to get top tier status with them for this year).
I hate them so much but I also need them, as you can see. Such a toxic relationship lol.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:13 pm

The Status Match is only open for Latam Pass accounts. That's why you got denied
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by LuoboTiX
The Status Match is only open for Latam Pass accounts. That's why you got denied
I do know that this is only for Latam Pass accounts. And prior to the merger of JJ / LA I also created a LanPass account. So what happens is that up until now you can have a Latam Pass and Latam Fidelidade account.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:18 am

LATAM finally replied about matching my GOL Diamond.
  • It's for LATAM Pass members only. They don't do it for LATAM Fidelidade (I am only a member of the latter).
  • They definitely required a scan of the original card; copies of the virtual won't do (I haven't even had a card from GOL yet despite making Diamond in December 2017 after 4 months). GOL tell me it might take 90 days to receive the card (ridiculous).
Anyone have an understanding about why they don't status match for LATAM Fidelidade despite that programme having various categories? I realise the Fidelidade points are operated by multiplus but surely LATAM control the status side of it?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
Originally Posted by theclassact
Anyone have an understanding about why they don't status match for LATAM Fidelidade despite that programme having various categories? I realise the Fidelidade points are operated by multiplus but surely LATAM control the status side of it?
I think it's the lack of competition to Latam Brazil (& by extension, Fidelidade).

Within Brazil, Gol compete, but there aren't many benefits to status within Brazil, with airline lounges being rare in Domestic terminals, no business class, etc. The only real advantages are increased mile accumulation, as a free extra bag of R$50 value or seat choice of R$30 is hardly likely to encourage someone to pay R$200 more for a ticket!

Internationally, Latam have a lock unless you only travel to one part of the world. AA, Delta, United, etc compete on US routes, Qatar & Emirates on middle east routes, Avianca, Copa & Air Mexico each compete on a South American route or 3, whilst BA, Lufthansa, Iberia, Swiss, Alitalia, TAP etc all compete on only a couple of European routes each.

If you live in Brazil & fly internationally to various destinations, you are going to be a member of Latam Fidelidade as it's the only one you can use consistently. The only other option is to use a competing foreign airlines program & fly by alliance, but you're far less likely to get op-ups & the like if you have status with the alliance rather than the airline.

So I guess that at the end of the day, Latam have decided that there's not much point in poaching other airlines frequent flyers in Brazil because if they really are frequent flyers, they'll come anyway!
LuoboTiX likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by theclassact
LATAM finally replied about matching my GOL Diamond.
  • It's for LATAM Pass members only. They don't do it for LATAM Fidelidade (I am only a member of the latter).
  • They definitely required a scan of the original card; copies of the virtual won't do (I haven't even had a card from GOL yet despite making Diamond in December 2017 after 4 months). GOL tell me it might take 90 days to receive the card (ridiculous).
Because Latam Fidelidade is the former TAM FFP. Even before the merger of TAM and LAN, the chilean airline company was the only one that used to do status match. I don't think TAM ever status matched anyone. So do you understand that this policy was not a general among all the Latam Airlines Group? Therefore it only applied to Latam Pass (ex Lan Pass). Right now these program are run independently, but I think that by the end of this semester they will merge the Fidelidade and the Pass to become one (crappy FFP).
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I got reject from this, which is annoying because I went out of my to fly two JJ flights and switch airports in SAO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.