FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   LATAM Status Match 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1851752-latam-status-match-2017-a.html)

Mauibaby2008 Mar 4, 2018 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina (Post 29418152)
Because Latam Fidelidade is the former TAM FFP. Even before the merger of TAM and LAN, the chilean airline company was the only one that used to do status match. I don't think TAM ever status matched anyone. So do you understand that this policy was not a general among all the Latam Airlines Group? Therefore it only applied to Latam Pass (ex Lan Pass). Right now these program are run independently, but I think that by the end of this semester they will merge the Fidelidade and the Pass to become one (crappy FFP).

I got matched to Black with a virtual card.

rankourabu Apr 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Any idea what the cutoff is for matches that would be valid until March 2020?
Like a request in May/June, would that only be valid until March 2019?

john1987 Apr 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi,
I would like to know if i have the status match from Latam pass Black .
would I have unlimited upgrades including flights with old TAM or Latam (JJ FLIGHTS)
thanks

ChocolateFactory Apr 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I can't find the information at the moment, but as far as I know, yes.

But you have to check in the moment the online checkin opens as this determines your position on the upgrade list (in addition to your status).

PABLOCO May 1, 2018 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 29643450)
Any idea what the cutoff is for matches that would be valid until March 2020?
Like a request in May/June, would that only be valid until March 2019?

My friend ask for it last year near to my Birthday, 2nd of Octuber and was only Valid to April 2018. So i will say get it on novermber or later. Also my uncle got his in 2016, he ask for it on Feb, but they reply that they dont match from Jan to March since they are working on the categorys for next period

john1987 May 1, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi

I read in the Brazilian press that Latam Fidelidade and pass has been merged from 01/04/2018.
I am trying to apply for a status match but I have only Latam Fidelidade and I am unable to open a Latam Pass.
any suggestions
Thanks for your help

iahphx May 9, 2018 6:05 pm

About 3 1/2 months after finally making contact with the right department (via facebook), I got this rejection (this is the google translate version):

"Along with saying hello, we inform you that we have reviewed your request for a "membership category match." However, this has been rejected, Without prejudice to the foregoing, we hope you will continue to be interested in our services and we invite you to review the ways to qualify in www.latam.com can also indicate that as this is a non - mandatory benefit, not always granted by the department in charge. we appreciate your understanding in this regard. "

Oh, well. I really only wanted it for better seat assignments on AA and some lounge access on oneworld across the Pacific. I don't really care much about my LATAM flying. I guess I'll just be sitting in coach on my next $78 SCL-Punta Arenas nonstop. Besides, Sky Airline is probably worse anyway.

Eastbay1K May 9, 2018 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 29736263)
About 3 1/2 months after finally making contact with the right department (via facebook), I got this rejection (this is the google translate version):

"Along with saying hello, we inform you that we have reviewed your request for a "membership category match." However, this has been rejected, Without prejudice to the foregoing, we hope you will continue to be interested in our services and we invite you to review the ways to qualify in www.latam.com can also indicate that as this is a non - mandatory benefit, not always granted by the department in charge. we appreciate your understanding in this regard. "

Oh, well. I really only wanted it for better seat assignments on AA and some lounge access on oneworld across the Pacific. I don't really care much about my LATAM flying. I guess I'll just be sitting in coach on my next $78 SCL-Punta Arenas nonstop. Besides, Sky Airline is probably worse anyway.

Everyone sits in coach on SCL/PUQ. Well, on my first trip down there I was in Row 1 of a 3 cabin 767, and the captain invited me into the cabina for the fly over Torres del Paine, but now, everyone sits in coach.
Apparently LATAM reads your FT posts :D

mzb00 May 17, 2018 4:07 am

Applied for my wife for a match using the webforrm, from BA Silver. We forwarded copy of LATAM flight boarding pass and copy of BA card, and recent flight history with LATAM. Match was rejected and the only reason stated that there is no obligation for LATAM to match.

I am wondering whether LATAM status matches are now history in the new Multiplus world? The request was sent before the migration, the answer came yesterday..

zeer0 May 17, 2018 6:12 am

Originally Posted by mzb00 (Post 29763635)
Applied for my wife for a match using the webforrm, from BA Silver. We forwarded copy of LATAM flight boarding pass and copy of BA card, and recent flight history with LATAM. Match was rejected and the only reason stated that there is no obligation for LATAM to match.

I am wondering whether LATAM status matches are now history in the new Multiplus world? The request was sent before the migration, the answer came yesterday..

Doubt they're going to match OW status. Intra alliance matches are very rarely allowed.

ChocolateFactory May 17, 2018 6:17 am

This thread is full of reports from people who got Oneworld Emerald matched to LATAM Black.

Yes, it is unusual, but LATAM has done it in the past.
So please don't comment when you obviously have no knowledge about the situation.

yb90 May 17, 2018 6:18 am

Before I recently went down from BA GGL to silver status I matched with Latam as have flown them plenty and they gave me Black status until 04/2019

theclassact Oct 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by geoshina (Post 29418152)
Because Latam Fidelidade is the former TAM FFP. Even before the merger of TAM and LAN, the chilean airline company was the only one that used to do status match. I don't think TAM ever status matched anyone. So do you understand that this policy was not a general among all the Latam Airlines Group? Therefore it only applied to Latam Pass (ex Lan Pass). Right now these program are run independently, but I think that by the end of this semester they will merge the Fidelidade and the Pass to become one (crappy FFP).

Any idea if LATAM are matching to LATAM Fidelidade yet? I am a long time TAM Fidelidade member, and wish to status match. They refused me earlier this year due to only matching with LATAM Pass (a programme I cannot join because I am only in Brazil and United Kingdom, where the LATAM web site directs me to join multiplus).

I have just responded to my old match request asking them this and received the following automated reply:

Olá cliente,Informamos que, para realizar a homologação de sócio em nosso programa de fidelidade, precisamos que responda a este e-mail, sem modificar o assunto e com uma cópia em formato .pdf, .jpg ou .doc dos seguintes documentos:– cartão fidelidade da outra companhia;
– último status de conta (no caso da American Airlines, também adicionar o penúltimo Status de Conta).Assim que recebermos essas informações, avaliaremos seu caso e lhe daremos uma resposta em até 5 dias úteis.Para sua tranquilidade, todos os seus dados e milhas/pontos acumulados serão mantidos no mais absoluto sigilo.Muito obrigado.
Equipe LATAM