Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

strangest boarding/security issue - any ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

strangest boarding/security issue - any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
There is nothing unusual about that at all. Standard process in Lima.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
I flew JU 501 from NYC to BEG 2 weeks ago. On this flight, there were 30 wheelchair passengers at boarding. 30! That is 5 rows of 6 wheelchairs lined up at the gate. it took up most of the hallway. I've never seen so many wheelchairs for a single flight.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by MfromL
What I find most surprising is that your wife would buy an Inca Kola. Most foreigners –i'm assuming you are not Peruvian– can't handle its bouquet... something of an adquired taste.
Isn't Inca Kola basically cream soda? Or do people not know what that is anymore?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: LANPASS
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Isn't Inca Kola basically cream soda? Or do people not know what that is anymore?
I've always thought it tastes like fruit bubble gum. Can't quite pinpoint what it is though
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jlarroulet
I've always thought it tastes like fruit bubble gum. Can't quite pinpoint what it is though
Cuy urine. Don't like the stuff.

Give me root beer any day! (That makes almost every Latin American I know cringe!)
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
How dare you...

How dare you...

Cuy urine. Don't like the stuff.
HOW DARE YOU...

If I were a moderator you would all be banned.

PD. How do you know how cuy's urine tastes like?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PD. How do you know how cuy's urine tastes like?
The same way I know that Tanqueray tastes like jet fuel, even though I've never had jet fuel.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:21 pm

What is even more weird (to me), is that your wife felt she needed to fill up a bottle of water in the lounge. I'm sure the business class cabin would have free flowing bottled water.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by eastflyer123
What is even more weird (to me), is that your wife felt she needed to fill up a bottle of water in the lounge. I'm sure the business class cabin would have free flowing bottled water.
Not sure if free-flowing, but there is in fact plenty of bottled water available on J
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:13 pm

If I were a moderator you would all be banned.
hahahaha ban me, but definitely don't ban the guy who knows how Cuy urine tastes like
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

thanks to all the responses

thankfully she got the inka kola for free from the lounge - but didn't even get to try it before confiscation.

I had no issue with wheelchair bound passengers boarding first, but I've never seen such a long parade of them. I figured they may be the sort that just get of at JFK and go straight to bellevue for the free care.

the chemical swab I've seen before, just not at the boarding gate, but also, it seemed they were selecting passengers waiting in line before boarding had even started. That was what made that most strange.

So, if I had a receipt for the inka kola from the store next to the gate would it have been allowed on?

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by babern38
So, if I had a receipt for the inka kola from the store next to the gate would it have been allowed on?

Thanks
No. Only duty-free purchases that have been sealed for boarding pickup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.