Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Flying LATAM and Crediting to American Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

I'm trying to fly Business Class on LATAM from JNB-GRU round trip. Can I credit it to American Airlines since both are part of One World?

All I see on the AA.com website is LAN and TAM which I know no longer exist. I called AA and they claim to have no idea so I gave up.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Yes. It's the ex TAM part of LATAM which operates this route. American just hasn't updated their site.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Yes. It's the ex TAM part of LATAM which operates this route. American just hasn't updated their site.
Great so will I get EQM and EQD if I fly and credit to AA?

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1K
A question for the AA forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-2016-a.html#
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by NYC1K

Thanks
Yes, with qualifying fares, as outlined on AA's site.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Will this extend my AA miles?

Flying LATAM on a paid Coach ticket, my AA miles expire in Aug if I credit to AA will this extend the life of the miles or does travel have to be on AA?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Flying LATAM on a paid Coach ticket, my AA miles expire in Aug if I credit to AA will this extend the life of the miles or does travel have to be on AA?
I think you would get a better response if you ask in the AA forum. At least with LATAM Pass, you have to fly with LA to extend the expiration date of the miles
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Any mileage activity credited to/debited from your AAdvantage account will extend the validity date of your miles. And as Semphrya points out, better to ask in the AA florum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.