Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Award space not showing up on BA.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Award space not showing up on BA.com?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
I am trying to book one way SCL-IPC award ticket on ba.com and IPC is not offered as a destination at all. Any idea why this could be happening?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GREAKLY
I am trying to book one way SCL-IPC award ticket on ba.com and IPC is not offered as a destination at all. Any idea why this could be happening?
Just type in IPC. Even if there is no drop down option to select, the search should work.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Just type in IPC. Even if there is no drop down option to select, the search should work.
I tried. The system searches and them sends back the following message: "Your arrival point has not been recognised. Please ensure you select a arrival airport or city name."
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
I tried. The system searches and them sends back the following message: "Your arrival point has not been recognised. Please ensure you select a arrival airport or city name."
I've just tried it and qfter two refreshes it gives me availbility-which is ZERO as usual.

What dates are you looking for?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:56 am

January 2020
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:08 am

January 2020
Still zero for most of January, but BA AVIOS site seems to be more flaky than usual IMHO.

It's less hassle to actual go to the LATAM Chile web site and buy the Business class flights.

If you get in there early the one way flight maybe Ł200 (IIRC) and you get tier points and miles for the trouble.

There is no issue in buying from the Chile web-site.

My fare was also fully refundable up to the same day (IIRC) so I checked for AVIOS availability until about 1 month before hand.
There was ZERO every day.

Good luck.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by blindman
It's less hassle to actual go to the LATAM Chile web site and buy the Business class flights..
You wish... I looked at "paid" tickets (prices on LAN's English and Chilean sites seem to be the same) and found out that the "usual" USD 500-600 RT ECONOMY fare on this route is no longer an option. The ticket either costs as low as USD 265+ RT in the next few months (May-early August) or USD1500+ from September onward.
I have no idea how much business class is but I assume it would be more than that.
I am not sure if it is something seasonal or a new LAN's marketing thing? Either way it seems they are trying to penalize early bookers (tourists who try to arrange their vacation a few months in advance).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:21 pm

You wish... I looked at "paid" tickets (prices on LAN's English and Chilean sites seem to be the same) and found out that the "usual" USD 500-600 RT ECONOMY fare on this route is no longer an option. The ticket either costs as low as USD 265+ RT in the next few months (May-early August) or USD1500+ from September onward.
I have no idea how much business class is but I assume it would be more than that.
I am not sure if it is something seasonal or a new LAN's marketing thing? Either way it seems they are trying to penalize early bookers (tourists who try to arrange their vacation a few months in advance).
Well here's the weirdness
There is a Monday ONLY flight from SCL to PPT which stops at IPC Wide open for both Y and C Jan 13th

Then there is the PPT to IPT flight on the Tuesday

Or the PPT flight on the Tuesdays to SCL.

This route has always been problematic re reward flghts.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by blindman
Well here's the weirdness
There is a Monday ONLY flight from SCL to PPT which stops at IPC Wide open for both Y and C Jan 13th
Then there is the PPT to IPT flight on the Tuesday
Or the PPT flight on the Tuesdays to SCL.
Indeed. SCL-PPT (via IPC) and IPC-PPT is no problem. The same is true vise versa (PPT-IPC and PPT-SCL via IPC). It seems that only SCL-IPC sector is deliberately blocked for award travel.

Last edited by GREAKLY; Apr 22, 2019 at 10:14 am
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:14 am

Strangely enough, the SCL-PPT and IPC-PPT (and vise versa) award flight availability shows up on ba.com but doesn't show up on aa.com. Not sure why. Since both PPT and IPC are in the South Pacific region, it makes more sense to use aadvantage miles on this route than ba's avios.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
I never ever see Award Space show up for JFK-GYE/LIM EVER. So if your seeing anything I would consider yourself lucky... Then again the LATAM rewards are reasonably priced just have to use Marriott instead of MR which sucks as I have a million MR's and not many Marriott at this time.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593
I never ever see Award Space show up for JFK-GYE/LIM EVER. So if your seeing anything I would consider yourself lucky... Then again the LATAM rewards are reasonably priced just have to use Marriott instead of MR which sucks as I have a million MR's and not many Marriott at this time.
I assume by MR you mean Amex Membership Rewards. Could you please be more explicit as to how you could use them on LAN and, particularly, the SCL-IPC route. How many MR points it requires. How easy it is the book the award flight on this route. And etc.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
I assume by MR you mean Amex Membership Rewards. Could you please be more explicit as to how you could use them on LAN and, particularly, the SCL-IPC route. How many MR points it requires. How easy it is the book the award flight on this route. And etc.
I do but as you can see from my post I only can use Marriott points not AMEX points for LATAM J booking. That's why it sucks.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593
I do but as you can see from my post I only can use Marriott points not AMEX points for LATAM J booking. That's why it sucks.
You mean, with Mariott points you can only book business class? Ouch. How many points does it cost?
Old May 1, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
You mean, with Mariott points you can only book business class? Ouch. How many points does it cost?
I believe what @theboss7593 is saying is that you can transfer Marriott points to LATAM's frequent flyer program and book J that way. LATAM makes more award seats available to members of its own frequent flyer program than to those of partner programs (like BA or AA). The amount of points is not fixed but varies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.