Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Wamos Airlines and other LATAM Irregularities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue

I am waiting for what is technically my first flight with LATAM Airlines, on the route from Frankfurt to Madrid. The aircraft has been substituted for an A330 operated by Wamos Airlines, which I've never heard of. So unfortunately I won't be able to experience the Boeing 787 Dreamliner today which LATAM operates on this 5th freedom route, which continues on to Santiago.

Are these sorts of irregularities common with LATAM? Could it be that the Wamos Airlines aircraft is deployed only for the FRA-MAD sector and LATAM takes over for the MAD-SCL sector? All I could find out is that Wamos Airlines is Madrid based, and most of their aircraft seem to be used by Saudia and El Al.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wamos_Air
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Well, this is the first time I've heard of that happening.

It seems they had an operational contingency since yesterday leg MAD-SCL got delayed 14 hours. I believe LATAM didn't have an available plane in time at Frankfurt and opted to charter the FRA-MAD leg to avoid being fined by the EU

This shouldn't happen often, I hope you can board the 787 next time
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Interesting. The flight was ok in the end and delivered me safely and on time to Madrid. The quality of the service was slightly underwhelming and not really in the premium category, but it could have been worse. I wrote about it in this thread in the Premium Mileage Runs forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0eur-rt-j.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.