Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

TAM 777-300 Which exit row to take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat

Hey everyone!

I haven´t found a thread on this topic but if it exists admin. can feel free to merge it.

I have found the "new" seat maps of the TAM 777-300 so far. And it is clear that the emergency exit rows are 21 and 36. My question is: which row of two of these has more leg room? When you look at seat map one could say that the row 21 on the left side has more legroom, but I´m still not sure if the toilet in front of this seat takes all the legroom.

Have flown this aircraft many times, but was always booked in J. Now I need to try my luck in Y.

BTW: the concerning leg is FRA-GRU.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:25 pm

Seat Map

Could you link the seat map? I can only find versions which either still have the old first class cabin, or omit row numbers and seat letters.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Hey rubikkon!

I did find that new seat map wothout the first class, but was searching now for it since 20min and cant find it anymore :/ Sorry!

But I was told by the TAM agents that rows 21 and 36 are emergency exit seats, but they have no clue about the leg space.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:35 pm

Any link to the current TAM 777-300 seatmap? The ones on seatguru don't match what EF and LAN site display. Row 15, 21 or 36?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
I have never fly the 777 on economy, but plenty of time i have walked to the end of the plane.

I always choose row 15 (in case i dont get the upgrade). Row 21 is near the restrooms and is not a nice place to stay, lot of noise and smells ( i flew once on a 777 300 Cathay on almost the same configuration on those seats.

Row 36 will be near the Galery. You wont have the smell but you will have the noise. Also many people will hit you foots if you are on the sides of the plane.... for the middle section is fine. Also the windows seats do not have a windown and have restrictec leg room.

If you only care about leg room i think 21 A and B is the way to go. But if you want to have leg room and a good seat, go for 15
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
I have never fly the 777 on economy, but plenty of time i have walked to the end of the plane.

I always choose row 15 (in case i dont get the upgrade). Row 21 is near the restrooms and is not a nice place to stay, lot of noise and smells ( i flew once on a 777 300 Cathay on almost the same configuration on those seats.

Row 36 will be near the Galery. You wont have the smell but you will have the noise. Also many people will hit you foots if you are on the sides of the plane.... for the middle section is fine. Also the windows seats do not have a windown and have restrictec leg room.

If you only care about leg room i think 21 A and B is the way to go. But if you want to have leg room and a good seat, go for 15
Thanks Pabloco! The same, have only flown this aircraft in the front. Now trying my first attempt at a Black upgrade with TAM, so want to chose a good Y seat just in case.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by dbasulto
Thanks Pabloco! The same, have only flown this aircraft in the front. Now trying my first attempt at a Black upgrade with TAM, so want to chose a good Y seat just in case.
Go for 15, i always take that one in case i dont get upgraded. Sometimes i have not found 15 (or any exit row), in that case i have taken row 16, a standar seat but is on a more private cabin.

So far i have been updraded always in latam 777 as Black.... as i posted in other topic as far as Black goes i have been upgraded about 38 out of 40 flys with Latam, and the one i didnt get upgraded was a LIM SCL on a 767 with only 16 seats for J, i could get upgraded but something failed on the Check in sistem in Mexico so i was only able to ask for the upgrade in the counter in Lima.. That time the allow me to choose any seat in the plane, if someone was on that seat they where going to move him for me...i ask for the emergecy exit (row 25) and the blocked A and C for me (flying alone at that time).

And also one out of SCL to LIM once that a AA fly SCL to MIA had a problem so Latam toke all the passegers and put them on SCL LIM MIA or SCL MIA.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Go for 15, i always take that one in case i dont get upgraded. Sometimes i have not found 15 (or any exit row), in that case i have taken row 16, a standar seat but is on a more private cabin.

So far i have been updraded always in latam 777 as Black.... as i posted in other topic as far as Black goes i have been upgraded about 38 out of 40 flys with Latam, and the one i didnt get upgraded was a LIM SCL on a 767 with only 16 seats for J, i could get upgraded but something failed on the Check in sistem in Mexico so i was only able to ask for the upgrade in the counter in Lima.. That time the allow me to choose any seat in the plane, if someone was on that seat they where going to move him for me...i ask for the emergecy exit (row 25) and the blocked A and C for me (flying alone at that time).

And also one out of SCL to LIM once that a AA fly SCL to MIA had a problem so Latam toke all the passegers and put them on SCL LIM MIA or SCL MIA.
Interesting... so they would block seats around you as Black. As a OW Emerald on AA I never had that offered to me (but heard it from some friends). Hope I make this upg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.