Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class services SCL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS B.SignatureAIR EUROPA PLATINUM, AZ FAP CLUB, TK ELITE, AV DIAMOND, HILTON DIAMOND, GULF G
Business class services SCL

Hi,
I have seen on OW website that SCL has Fast track service for emerald oax traveling LATAM, this is correct, it's only for international or for national flight. Where is this access. There is a immigration line for business class.
If I travel in a domestic flight can I check in the business class LATAM area, I read that this counters are located in a specific zone.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The walk over to the premium check-in is probably not worth the walk. It is at the far left end of the terminal, and after check-in/bag drop, you're routed right to the "private" passport control and security (which you cant use for national flights).

The national side of the airport is on the far right end. They try and get everyone to use kiosks for check in and then you go to a bag drop agent.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS B.SignatureAIR EUROPA PLATINUM, AZ FAP CLUB, TK ELITE, AV DIAMOND, HILTON DIAMOND, GULF G
Thanks! EastBay1K
Only one more question, the private passport control is avaliable in international arrivals.
Thanks again for the info
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by statusunlimited
Thanks! EastBay1K
Only one more question, the private passport control is avaliable in international arrivals.
Thanks again for the info
Nopo. We are all "equal" = however, there's a Chilenos section and a Non-Chilenos section.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Nopo. We are all "equal" = however, there's a Chilenos section and a Non-Chilenos section.
Or more accurately, a Chileno/Residente AND an all others section.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero Perpetuo
Or more accurately, a Chileno/Residente AND an all others section.
Will my La Roja jersey I bought for tomorrow's Copa America match get me into the other line? ;D
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:01 am

Hi,
I don't have any status in OW but will be travelling with LATAM in J from SCL to LIM. Will I be allowed to use fast track to security control in SCL? My flight is at 9:00 am, so fast track would be useful service
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,
I don't have any status in OW but will be travelling with LATAM in J from SCL to LIM. Will I be allowed to use fast track to security control in SCL? My flight is at 9:00 am, so fast track would be useful service
Absolutely. Ask to be dropped in the very last gate on the departures level. You will se an elevator and escalators taking you up to the fourth level where the preferente check-in is located.
tropikey likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:16 am

Thank you very much
I've one more question... I'll be staying close to the airport before this flight. I have two bookings: a) Holiday Inn and b) Hilton Garden Inn. I know that the first one is within walking distance from the airport but being Hilton Honors diamond I'd prefer to stay in the second one. Do you know, if there's major difference between these two hotels, as regards time required to get to the airport (walking in case of H. Inn and by shuttle bus in case of HGI)?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Huge difference. The Holiday Inn takes 15 seconds to get to the terminal and you can leave whenever you want. The HGI is a 10 minute ride away and the shuttle is only every 30 mins
tropikey and enpremiere like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: CK or bust
The Holiday Inn is literally almost a cross walk away from the terminal!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The walk over to the premium check-in is probably not worth the walk. It is at the far left end of the terminal, and after check-in/bag drop, you're routed right to the "private" passport control and security (which you cant use for national flights).
Is there any point to using this? Last week I did, around lunchtime and there was 1 Policeman manning the passport control, and it took about 25 minutes to get through with the line 2 rows deep? Didn't help there was a change over of the staff manning the one booth, and there was clearly no rush being taken.

I felt that I would have been better off using the regular passport control?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Is there any point to using this? Last week I did, around lunchtime and there was 1 Policeman manning the passport control, and it took about 25 minutes to get through with the line 2 rows deep? Didn't help there was a change over of the staff manning the one booth, and there was clearly no rush being taken.

I felt that I would have been better off using the regular passport control?
I have complained to LATAM about it a few times, but they claim that the have no influence on how many PDI officers are at the "fast-track". Early mornings and evenings are the worst. However, it is not consistent. Sometimes there are huge lines and only 1 officer and other times, there are 3 guys...
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
I have complained to LATAM about it a few times, but they claim that the have no influence on how many PDI officers are at the "fast-track". Early mornings and evenings are the worst. However, it is not consistent. Sometimes there are huge lines and only 1 officer and other times, there are 3 guys...
Exactly. I will still check in over there and if the immigration line is long, I go back downstairs to the main line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.